Sign in to follow this  
Seth2021

Random FPS drops with new MSFS update - "Red" manipulator

Have you checked the 3D setting on your graphics card for the sim?

make sure it is set to your card only to prevent it form switching over to your cpu built in video

2 hours ago, Hamltnblue said:

Have you checked the 3D setting on your graphics card for the sim?

make sure it is set to your card only to prevent it form switching over to your cpu built in video

Yes, it is explicitly set to use my gpu.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

8 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Yeah, looks like a lot in the same boat, and NOBODY knows of the cause. I'm curious if everyone experiencing this is running Nvidia gpu's? Personally I think it's a server-side issue, and the sim doesn't know what to do while it's waiting, so it does nothing - 10-15 fps with idle gpu and cpu.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

51 minutes ago, somiller said:

Yeah, looks like a lot in the same boat, and NOBODY knows of the cause. I'm curious if everyone experiencing this is running Nvidia gpu's? Personally I think it's a server-side issue, and the sim doesn't know what to do while it's waiting, so it does nothing - 10-15 fps with idle gpu and cpu.

Nope .. happens with team red cards as well.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Viotek 3440x1440p Freesync / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 hours ago, Maxis said:

Nope .. happens with team red cards as well.

Darn, was hoping I was special. Guess I'm just average after all!

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

On 2/19/2021 at 3:08 PM, Seth2021 said:

Even that i had a significant improvement on performance with new update, sim is smoother and with less stutters etc i have a new weird issue:

Random FPS drops  ( from 70s-60s to 15fps ) with out a reason + red main thread +manipulators ( on developer mode ) with short length ( 30 sec to 1 minute )
First time i am facing  those weird drops which act randomly so far on many airports ( Europe-US tested so far)

Was checking CPU/GPU usage and everything was low with normal behavior  so i am starting to think that maybe this fps drop comes from Bing Data streaming etc

Let me know if anyone had/have this issue

thanks

Seth

I am seeing this only in the world map, when I am above the cloud layer. Once I zoom in to the terrain, the framerate returns 141 (limited).

The game instead runs smooth and 100% GPU limited (in VR).

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

On 2/22/2021 at 7:37 AM, pilotter said:

yes it's the online function. I am seeing the same, running with good specs, and fps locked at 30, suddenly can jump into low 15's after the update and when switching off/ on online function,it's back to normal. I can get frames steady in the planes at 50 fps for hours.

Yep me too...

phew ..  I’d already been fantasising about a 2.5 grand new PC. Now I’m back to 35-40fps so there’s still life in the old crock yet

thanks!

Ray

On 2/22/2021 at 7:37 AM, pilotter said:

yes it's the online function. I am seeing the same, running with good specs, and fps locked at 30, suddenly can jump into low 15's after the update and when switching off/ on online function,it's back to normal. I can get frames steady in the planes at 50 fps for hours.

Same here, map zooming does not fix it; I have turned off online functionability and no issues, all ok.  Must be a MS server issue?

Simon

I experienced major stutters this morning during Aus flight simmers group event over Ireland - how I never got a CTD I don't know.

Edited by hanhamreds

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

I have had this happen on my last few flights.  Disabled Online Functionality and fps returned to normal.  I submitted a Zendesk ticket on it.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

I got this issue also after last update, sometimes during 1 or 2 minutes and my fps down to 8fps (normally @30 vsync from simulator)

But today, this fps drop last forever since I turned vsync in game off an then on.

Is strange, I got the 737 max this morning, and did a test flight and all was good, 30FPS vsync on. Now I just did a KEWR-CYYZ flight and was terrible, stutter everywhere I almost shut the sim off, it´s not enjoyable. All online options was enabled, but it was also enabled on my test flight. Even switched to medium settings just to land correctly, but nope, all the same. In my case was FPS degradation+stutter. All on 4k high.

Edited by PaulM

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

Well, I have noticed posts about rolling cache...to use or not to use. I've also seen posts saying to delete rolling cache after world update 3, which I hadn't done. So I thought what the heck, and turned off rolling cache and deleted cache file, and I haven't had any of those drops from 35 fps down to 10-15 fps since. I'm going to try my standard flight that I've used for testing and see what happens...will report back.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Rolling cache off here as well, issue has gone..

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,