Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Tropical Islands to Explore for your Winter Escape

17 hours ago, jjn47 said:

Some beautiful water masks at those islands

Thanks! Yes, I loaded up dozens of airports before selecting these 5 for the video. They are identical to the imagery in Google Earth and to the images used by ForeFlight. Forgot to mention, if you can view the video on a 4K TV or full screen on a large 4K monitor, the detail is pretty impressive. Made the video for pure relaxation to the music of Peter Pearson.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

Very nice! I love tropical destinations. I normally stick to a specific area. Example PR to ST. Martin. That allows me to explore the islands in between. I hope ASOBO hurries up and adds the watermasks to the entire Caribbean.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

17 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Very nice! I love tropical destinations. I normally stick to a specific area. Example PR to ST. Martin. That allows me to explore the islands in between. I hope ASOBO hurries up and adds the watermasks to the entire Caribbean.

ST. Lucia has water marks now. That's one extra plus for the Caribbean.  Now you can fly from St. Lucia south through the Grenadines and see a decent representation with plenty of add-on airports available.

Edited by Dillon
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

21 minutes ago, Dillon said:

ST. Lucia has water marks now. That's one extra plus for the Caribbean.  Now you can fly from St. Lucia south through the Grenadines and see a decent representation with plenty of add-on airports available.

I did not see watermasks at TLPC or TLPL the last time I flew there.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:44 AM, DJJose said:

I did not see watermasks at TLPC or TLPL the last time I flew there.

Just checked TLPC (Castries) and TLPL (Vieux Fort). If they have been done I would give the water at TLPC a 1/10 and TLPL a 5/10 based on colors and reef representation compared to the islands in my video.

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

32 minutes ago, Doering said:

Just checked TLPC (Castries) and TLPL (Vieux Fort). If they have been done I would give the water at TLPC a 1/10 and TLPL a 5/10 based on colors and reef representation compared to the islands in my video.

I also checked and I concur.

Really captures the beauty of flight, fantastic video! Can't imagine the hours of editing that went into it, thanks for posting! 

Cheers

Martin

Thanks guys!

@MartinRex007 Yes, countless hours of editing, but I enjoy it immensely. Can’t wait to start a new video project each time I upload to the channel. My Lukla, Nepal video is closing in on 125K views giving the channel great exposure and making my efforts at video production very rewarding. Working on “The Everest Experience” as a follow up to the Lukla video. Cheers and blue skies!

• Upvote 1