Sign in to follow this  
mattn

Asobo posts about World Update 3 flaps flight model issue

There is a Hotfix for the flap mod, just up (v1.2), over at flightsim.to.  He accidentally missed some aircraft.

https://flightsim.to/file/8437/world-update-iii-flap-lift-community-hotfix-standard-edition

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

There is a Hotfix for the flap mod, just up (v1.2), over at flightsim.to.

Downloaded and installed v1.2 the Caravan, unfortunately still having too much lift.

At first I thought it was fixed on takeoff, but coming in for landing couldn’t get to touchdown until 38 Kts.

I guess I will have to edit the .cfg directly...

Edited .cfg halfed BOTH lift coefficient and lift scalar and now the Caravan flew as before.

I did not try only changing one of the two since I was already in there and didn’t want to go in again if required.

Edited by Cmcollazo71
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Downloaded and installed v1.2 the Caravan, unfortunately still having too much lift.

At first I thought it was fixed on takeoff, but coming in for landing couldn’t get to touchdown until 38 Kts.

I guess I will have to edit the .cfg directly...

Edited .cfg halfed BOTH lift coefficient and lift scalar and now the Caravan flew as before.

I did not try only changing one of the two since I was already in there and didn’t want to go in again if required.

That's what I did too. Reducing both entries by 50% and my flight/landing experience is now like it was before WU3..

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

6 hours ago, Dazzlercee23 said:

I thought he had already fixed it. 

Me to, my TBM mod by mixMugs works normal without any editing.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

18 hours ago, Nemo said:

Reducing both entries by 50% and my flight/landing experience is now like it was before WU3..

Not sure what happened. Yesterday, after modifying the .cfg the Caravan flew as before...

But today, I took off in the Caravan and it lifted off at 70 Kts., so far so good, but then on landing again couldn’t touch down until 32 Kts!

I wondered if the .cfg was rewritten, I checked, but I checked and the two parameters are still at 1/2 the value.

So, I wonder if there’s something else that was changed in the model, maybe at the sim level that’s affecting flight dynamics?

Anyone, who has made the changes to the .cfg experiencing this?

Unfortunately, I had 2 CTD's today.  The only things I added were the flap fixes and a VR VFR map.  I took them both out and did an 80 minute flight no problem after a PC reboot.

Whatever it was, I am getting to the stage I just cant be bothered to spend ages tracing issues - I just want to fly!

I wish MSFS was a bit more robust on the CTD's though; they keep talking about it, as usual. :unsure:

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Unfortunately, I had 2 CTD's today.  The only things I added were the flap fixes and a VR VFR map.  I took them both out and did an 80 minute flight no problem after a PC reboot.

Whatever it was, I am getting to the stage I just cant be bothered to spend ages tracing issues - I just want to fly!

I wish MSFS was a bit more robust on the CTD's though; they keep talking about it, as usual. :unsure:

haven't had any flap problems but all of a sudden today, CTD are back. Two flights, 2 CTDs so far. Hadn't changed or added anything. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

23 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

haven't had any flap problems but all of a sudden today, CTD are back. Two flights, 2 CTDs so far. Hadn't changed or added anything. 

Yes strange!  A lot of people are reporting CTD's today after installing the flap mod, and the author isn't seeing it and there is nothing in the modified files that should cause it.  

Windows Event Viewer shows the CTD's, but as usual, gives no useful clues unfortunately. :unsure:

Edited by bobcat999

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes strange!  A lot of people are reporting CTD's today after installing the flap mod, and the author isn't seeing it and there is nothing in the modified files that should cause it.  

Windows Event Viewer shows the CTD's, but as usual, gives no useful clues unfortunately. :unsure:

I didn't install anything, so I think the flap mod is not the issue. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I can confirm an issue with the flap mod causes CTD's. I started by editing the cfg files for the two aircraft I fly most in the main MFS directory. The fix works and I had no problems. After the mod was released I added it to my community folder, returned the two edited files to their original state, and proceeded to load MSFS. Trying to start a flight however, the SIM crashed almost immediately. After several more attempts, I removed the mod and the problem was resolved. There is definitely an issue of some type with the mod.

• Like 1

Ken

13 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I didn't install anything, so I think the flap mod is not the issue. 

Yeah, I’m not having CTDs, actually have yet to have one — so they’re not related to the flap issue.

(As an aside; I think the reason for not having any CTDs is that this system was specifically bought for MSFS 2020 is completely dedicated to that, not used for any other applications or reasons - never ran any other sim, etc. and I’m running MSFS stock no mods in the Community Folder, no airports, terrain fixes etc. Only add on is SkyPark which runs outside the sim and three Carenado aircraft I bought from the market place during the December sale). 

6 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Yeah, I’m not having CTDs, actually have yet to have one — so they’re not related to the flap issue.

(As an aside; I think the reason for not having any CTDs is that this system was specifically bought for MSFS 2020 is completely dedicated to that, not used for any other applications or reasons - never ran any other sim, etc. and I’m running MSFS stock no mods in the Community Folder, no airports, terrain fixes etc. Only add on is SkyPark which runs outside the sim and three Carenado aircraft I bought from the market place during the December sale). 

Same thing, all I run on my system is PF3 for ATC and Avliasoft EFB.No mods at all on MSFS2020. 

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Same thing, all I run on my system is PF3 for ATC and Avliasoft EFB.No mods at all on MSFS2020. 

Is it a DIY home built system or bought ready to use?

Mine is a Dell / Alienware Aurora

Just now, Cmcollazo71 said:

Is it a DIY home built system or bought ready to use?

Mine is a Dell / Alienware Aurora

Mine is a CLX Set and works very well. Crashes always point to MSFS 2020

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Mine is a CLX Set and works very well. Crashes always point to MSFS 2020

Could the PF3 forATC and Avliasoft EFB be culprits?