Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

MilViz Piaggio P.180 Avanti Evo released!

Cool, but “Please note that this product is not 100% complete, and will not be made complete.“ What's missing?

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

8 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

“Please note that this product is not 100% complete, and will not be made complete.“ What's missing?

An acceptable work ethic? 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It is such a shame that they release it in an "unfinished" state and literally said they will not "complete" it. I wonder why?? IM PRAYING they don't release their Lear 60 in this type of state.

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

I think they need to reword that. It's entirely okay to make something up to a point and with a certain number of features; there are plenty of FS add-ons which do that and have that as a production goal at their completion. And that's perfectly acceptable, but actually saying of a product that 'it will not be made complete' is terrible marketing. They might as well say it's from the new 'half-assed range' lol. I'd recommend they change that product description ASAP.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

43 minutes ago, Chock said:

An acceptable work ethic? 🤣

If people will buy an incomplete product, devs will produce them.

It's the way it is.

This ring a bell? :>)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, newtie said:

If people will buy an incomplete product, devs will produce them.

It's the way it is.

This ring a bell? :>)

Nope, that's not a comparable situation at all. Not completing a product you say you will complete in your product page text, when offering it for sale as early access, is genuinely a broken promise and it is welching on a deal. That is not the same as stating from the off that you won't complete a product in your marketing. That's not welching on a deal, that's being cack at marketing. All they need to do is state what features it does have and not even mention what it doesn't have, since lack of a mention covers that. You don't make a negative aspect of a product part of its marketing blurb, that's advertising 101. 😄

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, d.tsakiris said:

Cool, but “Please note that this product is not 100% complete, and will not be made complete.“ What's missing?

Their will to do anything else involving P3D. Basically they are saying, here is our unfinished product for 40 bucks, we have moved on to the MSFS gravy train. I guess they think P3D users are desperate for anything new for their sim nowadays that people will actually buy it.

• Like 1

Eric 

40 bucks for a non-complete addon

LMFAO

This industry is reaching higher levels of absurdity

• Upvote 2

Cheers :)

N.-

Well, you can't really pull a business up too critically for going where its proprietors think they'll make the most money, since that is the purpose of a business, although I suspect they'll be disappointed with take up if they charge 40 quid for it in MSFS; I reckon they'd have to come in lower and go for volume sales in the shiny new sim.

Personally, I've always thought that Avanti was fugly, so I wouldn't buy it for any sim regardless of the price, but I daresay many people do like it and will want one even if it does lack some functionality, after all, their 737 lacked some features too but was still a worthy effort for those who wanted an old banger. If they got their Huey in MSFS, or that old 737, I'd get those in a heartbeat, although there is a freebie Huey inbound for MSFS as far as I'm aware, so I guess this might impact on that notion, anyway, but it's not like my P3D version of it has ceased to exist, regardless of production and marketing decisions.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

People are complaining but then go pay the same price for a Carenado plane, which you also know won't be 100% perfect, so what is all the complaining about. A $40 Milviz plane is got to be better then a $30-40 Carenado plane anyday. This is not a knock on Carenado either I have several, they are what they are. And for the price I'm sure for the most part this one will be fine for most people. 

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

lol they're refusing to answer questions on their FB page about how it compares to the KA350 in terms of features. 

8 minutes ago, TurboKen said:

People are complaining but then go pay the same price for a Carenado plane, which you also know won't be 100% perfect, so what is all the complaining about. A $40 Milviz plane is got to be better then a $30-40 Carenado plane anyday. This is not a knock on Carenado either I have several, they are what they are. And for the price I'm sure for the most part this one will be fine for most people. 

Oh I'm sure it'll be great and probably better than most things, but they really do need to change that text on their product details; it's gonna put people off unnecessarily. You know what flight simmers are like, if you gave them a Bentley for free, they'd complain about the colour of it, so putting something like that in the product description is like chucking petrol on a fire.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

2 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Cool, but “Please note that this product is not 100% complete, and will not be made complete.

So Milviz is now a Carenado level dev.

• Upvote 3

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Just now, FPStewy said:

So Milviz is now a Carenado level dev.

I wouldn't go that far, but I daresay they'd like the money.

Alan Bradbury