Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

MilViz Piaggio P.180 Avanti Evo released!

16 hours ago, Chock said:

Personally, I've always thought that Avanti was fugly, so I wouldn't buy it for any sim regardless of the price, but I daresay many people do like it ...

You can go right off some people.. Don't diss the Catfish! :tongue:

15 hours ago, Chock said:

....if you gave them a Bentley for free, ...

I'd sell it and buy a V8 muscle car (resto-modded 69 Camaro, Charger or 70s 6.6 Trans Am) or a Lamborghini Murcielago stick shift.

12 hours ago, jon b said:

..except I’m like Chock and don’t like the strange looking craft.

... and the second person makes my list.. :biggrin:

I'll stick with Mario Noriega's Avanti. That does have interior and wing views, not to mention a nice pop up checklist manual. For FREE. Then again I'll have to stick with it as the Milviz one is for P3D :biggrin:

Mario's Avanti even does icing (FSX:SE remember?), at least in the VC view!

Overall, a bad choice of wording on Milviz's part, but on the bright side, more simmers can enjoy the unusual, but aerodynamic turbo twin:

chOeWou.jpg

A typical P180 - please note that this livery isn't available on the Milviz product and also note that Milviz have modelled the Evo. :wink:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

18 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

"Non complete" was just a disclaimer to say it's not a 1:1 model of the real thing.

It's kinda funny.  P3D users beg add-on devs to not drop P3D, then complain.

Was it though, I think they could have used better terminology, to me it leaves not doubt that what they are saying is "hey it's P3D we were working on this but there you go with an early access with no further work on it" Yes we know they have other projects but they also don't hide the fact that they are working on MSFS projects.

It didn't take long for A2A or even Carenado to update to v5 but Milviz won't even be bothered. They deserve the criticism.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

12 hours ago, tjrush said:

First review from a friend of mine:

MV P180. Installed fine on P3DV4.5. Great looking bird. Missing, interior views and wing views. Cockpit is not the quality of the 350, but is Ok. The PL21 is the same as the 350 with the 2D pop-ups, which is nice. Personally, for the money, I think it is worth it and I think all is steering development to MSFS and P3D is now in the "back seat"

What does he mean by missing interior views? As in it doesn't model the cabin?

That was indeed a strange choice of words from Milviz. I think that it is just their way of saying that they are washing their hands of the whole Prepar3d thing. It has been an interesting hobby for many years and sad to see it die out day by day. It has been an odd turn of events where MS brought the whole thing to life and now they are the ones who decided to kill it off after all this time. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

18 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

What does he mean by missing interior views? As in it doesn't model the cabin?

Cabin is there.  I would rate as fair to good.  There are no views already set up so you would create your own.  I use Chase Plane so not a big deal.

Uses all custom controls that I see, hopefully someone can create a LINDA config.

I think what may be missing is anything related to the FADEC controls, no mention in the manual and have to manage engines traditionally as I see so far.

Joe Lorenc

29 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

That was indeed a strange choice of words from Milviz. I think that it is just their way of saying that they are washing their hands of the whole Prepar3d thing. It has been an interesting hobby for many years and sad to see it die out day by day. It has been an odd turn of events where MS brought the whole thing to life and now they are the ones who decided to kill it off after all this time. 

P3D is dying, but the the hobby as a whole isn't dying. The market is just shifting.

31 minutes ago, Joe L said:

Cabin is there.  I would rate as fair to good.  There are no views already set up so you would create your own.  I use Chase Plane so not a big deal.

Uses all custom controls that I see, hopefully someone can create a LINDA config.

I think what may be missing is anything related to the FADEC controls, no mention in the manual and have to manage engines traditionally as I see so far.

Gotcha. 

@Chapsticknot sure it’s safe to safe P3d is dying. Not growing yes. But msfs  despite the newer and better graphics engine hadn’t been able to kill P3d for the airline guys. Not yet anyway 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On 2/19/2021 at 8:14 PM, BIGSKY said:

The king air was first in the not complete lineup........

Their king air is one of the best planes available for P3Dv5.

Edited by Daytona125
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Waiting for this to appear again. Their webpage still only saying “Coming Soon”. 

Defo want to pick this thing up. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

20 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

Their king air is one of the best planes available for P3Dv5.

Seconded.

I have yet to find a more accurate/complete Proline21 simulation anywhere. They knocked that one out of the park, and given what they were working with from a development standpoint, it's even more impressive. 

DB

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DaviiB said:

Seconded.

I have yet to find a more accurate/complete Proline21 simulation anywhere. They knocked that one out of the park, and given what they were working with from a development standpoint, it's even more impressive. 

DB

I've got the Avanti and thought this machine is fast so just for the heck of it looked up some reviews of the real world aircraft. The PL21 is a joy to use. In the RW I flew king airs for quite a few years but I must say I wish I had got my hands on this MilViz Avanti. Check out a pilot review then go to Wikipedia and you'll find some interesting reading. MilViz nailed the creation pretty good.

On 2/21/2021 at 7:33 AM, micstatic said:

@Chapsticknot sure it’s safe to safe P3d is dying. Not growing yes. But msfs  despite the newer and better graphics engine hadn’t been able to kill P3d for the airline guys. Not yet anyway 

Not even close. The idea that P3D is on life support is nonsense. Are you trying to simulate aviation or buzz houses in a Cub? P3D for the first, MSFS for the latter.

Some devs have a bad attitude to P3D. Fine, see you later. You’ll notice that the top-tier devs - pmdg, fsl, etc - are still hard at work on their p3d products.

Buy from devs that support the sim. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Plus lets not forget P3D powers military sims where a single sale would probably be in the millions of $$$.

Like the sim in this link, see the last pic.

https://aviationphotodigest.com/raaf-the-next-generation/

Cheers R

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

I am having a BLAST with the Avanti. Granted I am bias because the P180E is my number one goal aircraft to get time in IRL. I have access to the AFM and it's mostly there with some bugs. I feel that Milviz (across King Air and Avanti) could do a better job with button and switch logic. (Example: Left-click could be 'switch select down', similar to car blinkers in the USA)

In the Avanti right now, if you scroll wheel-down once on a condition level, you have to hopelessly sit and watch it slowly retard all the way to cut-off. Not exactly a bug, but the mechanics could be better. 

Regardless, the product was totally worth the $40 for me considering what I could have gotten from alternative developers and I'll get a discount in a year or so when it is developed for MSFS,.

Looking forward to Milviz re-releasing this.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+