Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

MilViz Piaggio P.180 Avanti Evo released!

1 hour ago, TurboKen said:

Looking forward to Milviz re-releasing this.

I'm guessing they got hit with a lawsuit or something. I doubt it's coming back.

Annnndddd.... she's out again....

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

20 minutes ago, Milviz said:

I was lucky enough to get it when you released it the first time....Has there been any changes with this "re-release" ? if so should I look at my account and re download it?

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

Out with a 50% price increase??

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Nearly so... because she's now as complete as we can make it... (no charts but otherwise, at the same level as the KA which is at 79.99)

And yes, you can get an update for it if you bought it when it was originally released. (lots of changes/functionality)

Note: P3D v4 functionality has been removed to make it simpler to support.  We realize this will make some upset but, quite honestly, performance is much better with v5 so it's worth the upgrade...

Edited by Milviz

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

7 hours ago, Milviz said:

Nearly so... because she's now as complete as we can make it... (no charts but otherwise, at the same level as the KA which is at 79.99)

And yes, you can get an update for it if you bought it when it was originally released. (lots of changes/functionality)

Note: P3D v4 functionality has been removed to make it simpler to support.  We realize this will make some upset but, quite honestly, performance is much better with v5 so it's worth the upgrade...

I re downloaded the new installer but keep getting an error message when I load the aircraft in the sim saying "this product is not activated" then crashes the sim.

During the install I entered my serial code etc. Not sure why this is happening.

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

2 hours ago, Mets737 said:

I re downloaded the new installer but keep getting an error message when I load the aircraft in the sim saying "this product is not activated" then crashes the sim.

During the install I entered my serial code etc. Not sure why this is happening.

Ditto for me.  Just downloaded, installed and got the same message.  When I installed it took the code Milviz provided with download link.  Seems like there is a bug somewhere in the auth process.  I'm sure they will sort it out soon.

Bummer, was really excited to fly it this weekend. 

-Braun

As I said earlier in this thread, I managed to get it on the first release. No regrets, but . . .

Major Gripe is regarding Documentation:

• No word on the EVO FADEC at all.
  • Nothing in manual regarding steering button on yoke - it is required to actually taxi.  Steering system is referenced, but no explanation on how to activate modes.
  • No information on V Speeds (takeoff, approach or landing).  I have been using Vr as 105, 110 seems better.   Vapp at 120 or more depending on weight.  When asked in the support forum MilViz responded that their information used is copyrighted and can't be posted.
  • No cruise tables, or indication on what cruise power should be. 
  • RW aircraft apparently has a cancel button for the Gear Warning Horn on right throttle - I find and descending and leading to approach to slow to flap speed the horn gets pretty annoying. Manual makes no mention of it but it seems to be there and working.  Only way I found it was by reading about it in an unrelated real world test flight.  Tool tip lists it and the one on the left both as GA buttons.  Guess it pays to poke around!
  • Appears to have an emergency gear system where release handle and pump handle move - no mention in manual
  • Page 17 list wheel by throttle as trim, tool tips call in friction knob - functions as friction knob - as expected - don't turn it to 100% or your throttle won't move, perhaps lower values would help with a noisy throttle?
  • Manual Page 5 says chart functionality, web page "This release does not include a chart viewer system"
  • They included an XML Controls Variable pdf - no one reviewed (or cared enough to fix) the fact that in converting to a PDF the comments/notes/values were truncated and no longer lined up, just on pages by themselves. 

Seems to fly fine for the most part - VERY sensitive in pitch, very squirrely in turbulence, all which is probably very good modeling.

Was rotating at 105 but hard to unstick, 110 seems better on latest release.

I have read various real world reviews, some  that say 800+ deg can be maintained in climb but 785 is recommended.

Not clear what best ITT for cruise is.  Max TAS is listed as 402 at FL310 /Mach 0.70.  I was able to get a TAS of 353 TAS at FL310, ISA and an ITT of 810, 9,500lbs GW.  Cruise seems to be governed by ITT, RPM stays at max (1800) throughout the flight (true to life I believe).  

One real World EVO flight test says they were able to maintain 75% torque at FL350 ISA+5, MACH 0.64, no mention of ITT.  I set this up and got very close to same numbers, but ITT was very high at 823/825.  Since it is not covered in the manual hard to say if that ITT is maintainable for the engine.  It flashed warnings at 830.

I find approaches challenging.  Everything you do will require significant pitch trim changes going from neutral to almost full up pitch trim.  At 130 slowing to 120 pitch attitude even on short final is 5 deg nose down.  Pitch up does not bleed speed as quickly as it seems to cause an increase in VS, so time of power reduction and pitch up for landing attitude is tricky (fun).  Not sure if that much pitch down is realistic?

All the numbers I mention are just gleaned from the internet, would love input from anyone with some solid info.

Edited by Joe L

Joe Lorenc

3 hours ago, Joe L said:

I have read various real world reviews, some  that say 800+ deg can be maintained in climb but 785 is recommended.

Not clear what best ITT for cruise is.  Max TAS is listed as 402 at FL310 /Mach 0.70.  I was able to get a TAS of 353 TAS at FL310, ISA and an ITT of 810, 9,500lbs GW.  Cruise seems to be governed by ITT, RPM stays at max (1800) throughout the flight (true to life I believe).  

One real World EVO flight test says they were able to maintain 75% torque at FL350 ISA+5, MACH 0.64, no mention of ITT.  I set this up and got very close to same numbers, but ITT was very high at 823/825.  Since it is not covered in the manual hard to say if that ITT is maintainable for the engine.  It flashed warnings at 830.

Hi,

Max ITT in this aircraft is 830, so that was a reasonable ITT value. Props RPMs must be left at max (1800) in all flight phases.

Tomas

We're looking at the activation issues and will respond as and when we can.

Apologies...

There is, apparently, a solution to the DRM activation on our forums (support)

Did find the issue:

IN the ini file it says:
[GENERAL]
USERNAME=John Doe
COMPANYNAME=
PIDKEY=111-222-333-444

but it should say:
[GENERAL]
USERNAME=John Doe
COMPANYNAME=
KEY=111-222-333-444

• Like 1

Jay

| PPL ASEL |

On 3/20/2021 at 9:54 PM, Joe L said:

As I said earlier in this thread, I managed to get it on the first release. No regrets, but . . .

Hi Joe,

are TrueGlass dynamic rain effects included ?

No... They are not.  The windshield is very curved and slanted.  Rain effects would appear distorted due to this.  We decided not to include them.