Sign in to follow this  
LDR InFlight

Asobo, what have you done to MSFS2020 in the latest update.

So after working shifts for the past few days this has been my first chance to download the new UK Update. Whilst I was on, I have also updated the latest FBW custom update for the¬†A320 with the all new cockpit textures and more nice little features including a Costa Coffee cupūüėé

So I decide to spawn in on Runway 23R at Manchester Airport in the UK. I have the payware addon from Macco Simulations which is now updated to Version 1 , a fantastic scenery to begin with.

Fingers crossed for no issues, it all loads in and I have just taken off on a little test flight.

Well what can I say. my jaw has dropped once again.

This sim has just gone up another level to me. The new cockpit textures from the FBW are outstanding. The improved clouds look amazing which to be fair they were already right up there and overall the lighting in the sim just seems to be improved. The work they have done has made this feel like a newer improved MSFS2020. What you have done is absolutely fantastic.

Yes there is still little issues that need resolving but the team at Asobo and Microsoft are doing such an outstanding job.

I’m off to explore the new UK now and look forward to see what have they improved. 

A big Thankyou from me to all the developers 

• Like 20
  • Upvote 1

I noticed it too. It looks as good now as it did in the betas before they ‚Äėupdated‚Äô it for release. It looks great now and runs great. I hope they don‚Äôt rebreak it with their next patch. And best of all no more spires!

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

Today Asobo have put me back to default and have to go through the settings and change my aircraft. every time I load this is a joke.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Best update ever. Clouds and lights are awesome. Performance a tad if not more better and smoother. Load time faster. And most important: not one single CTD. 

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

24 minutes ago, LeeRid78 said:

Well what can I say. my jaw has dropped once again.

This sim has just gone up another level to me. The new cockpit textures from the FBW are outstanding. The improved clouds look amazing 

I agree, significant visual improvements all around. 

Yes....an absolutley magnificent update......it really is....very very pleased with it!!

Regards

Paul EGCC

1 hour ago, DAD said:

Load time faster

I've seen this claim a few times since WU3 but for me nothing changed.
With nothing in the community folder it takes the sim 128 seconds to get to the main menu, and that is using the -fastlaunch option to skip the initial banners. This is about the same as prior to the update

What are you loading times?

51 minutes ago, peroni said:

What are you loading times?

Lucky you. Did a quick test. At 128 sec I just see the blackshark logo. Menue at 4mins 15sec. With 3 mods (neo, CJ4 and TBM). Still faster for me

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

4 minutes to startup? I would put a hammer through the screen¬†ūüėÄ

Were question marks sold out when you typed the thread title?

Edited by Farlis

25 minutes ago, peroni said:

4 minutes to startup? I would put a hammer through the screen¬†ūüėÄ

Guess what I did before WU3...

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

I hate the 2 steps forward 1 step back process we are going through....but now that I have the flaps mod in I can go back to enjoying the scenery and the other improvements which are appreciated (as I fly over snow covered Norway)

Edited by marcg11

8 minutes ago, ROCKACORN99180 said:

This is the most frustrating game I have ever known since FSX, Microsoft say it's the most beautiful game I say if's a bag of word not allowed!

Nobody cares. We live in 2023 lol

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI