Lost all preferences/settings

4 minutes ago, atco said:

Mine updated yesterday sadly

Mine this morning:(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

14 minutes ago, atco said:

Short of using the workaround posted by Tenpatrol there seems to be no way of avoiding this issue as Gaming Services will update itself even if auto-updates are turned off so it seems to depend on when Gaming Services decides to update itself. Mine updated yesterday sadly.

I was afraid you were going to say that. It's like having to wait for a root canal appt. with the dentist.

Try this address if you're getting an ACCESS DENIED for the gaming service: https://easyupload.io/1rvkkp

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Interesting, I just disabled all my files in the community folder - vanilla - and I have MSFS launching as usual.

Martin

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

28 minutes ago, sauviat said:

Interesting, I just disabled all my files in the community folder - vanilla - and I have MSFS launching as usual.

Negative here. Same issue, sim starting from scratch, with or without any entries in the community folder. 

• Like 1

Hans

For now, touch wood, I'm not turning off the sim until tonight. As it's an MS issue, we will have to wait for a hot fix as this is having a global wide impasse.

Martin Parr

5 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

I have MSFS2020 installed into "E:\MSFS" and (knock on wood) don't seem to be having this problem. I'm wondering if this only affects those who installed into the default directory? Or possibly some other limiting factor? What's the common denominator shared by those losing their settings?

Nope, mine is in drive Q: 

And generally speaking: while I invested thousands of euros on simulators, I am not going to buy anything for ms2020: not when a Microsoft programmer can brick it in a minute.

It will be vanilla sim and freeware for me: forget the Marketplace.

Andrea

• Upvote 1

Regarding the 'workaround' which starts like this...

WORKAROUND

1 Uninstall gaming.service app via powershell
- open powershell as admin

Well, here is how to run powershell as an administrator.

type powershell into the Windows Search box (as I did below).

on the resulting top selection (powershell.exe) right click it and select 'run as administrator:

qhN7zUD.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have tested the TenPatrol fix and I can tell you that it works; first time you need to reload your profiles and settings, but after that everything is OK.

Thanks a lot, TenPatrol.

Edited by felixfer
  • Like 1

i9-9900K / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 2070 8 GB / W10 64

Thankfully according to user DarkClown over at the official forums there is a fix being worked on.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ui-broken-and-reset-user-settings/368832/376

"MS is aware of the Gaming Services issue and is working on it."

"Hi, my day job is working on Xbox. Once I knew for sure this was a GS issue I contacted the developer directly"

"I don’t own the component and don’t want to speak for the team nor am I posting in any official capacity. Just know they are working on it and will have a fix ASAP. The reason why this isn’t impacting everyone is the update was pushed to various flight rings. (insider/preview groups you join.)"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully Microsoft stopped pushing the game services update out until they fix the issue. Or I wonder if it's even occurred to them to stop pushing it out?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

27 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

This just started happening to me now, super annoying. 

Same here; every time I start I loose all my pages of settings,  views everything.  Each time I start the sim it is as if I have never used it despite just re-entering al the settings again.  Horrible mess!!!!

• Like 1

Simon

I’ve been working away for the last 10 days, so have missed all of the update shenanigans. I was looking forward to flying as soon as I got home, however, after reading this lot, I don’t think it’s in my interest to power the PC up. Looks like it’s DCS time until MS get the mess cleared up.

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.