Sign in to follow this  
Swe_Richard

LES Saab version 1.6!

Very nice update, but i'm having some problems landing.

The stick-pusher activates often in the final landing fase and flare. Should this system not be suppressed when landing?

I'm configured according to the landing performance charts: gross weight 28000lb, speed 115kn, flaps 35, down the glideslope.

Maybe i'm missing something?

5 hours ago, markk70 said:

Very nice update, but i'm having some problems landing.

The stick-pusher activates often in the final landing fase and flare. Should this system not be suppressed when landing?

I'm configured according to the landing performance charts: gross weight 28000lb, speed 115kn, flaps 35, down the glideslope.

Maybe i'm missing something?

I have done 5 flights so far and have not yet had an issue. Mind you I fly the glide slope at around 125 Kts and reduce power just before touch down. Silly question. Are you disconnecting AP before flair.

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

I have done 5 flights so far and have not yet had an issue. Mind you I fly the glide slope at around 125 Kts and reduce power just before touch down. Silly question. Are you disconnecting AP before flair.

Yes I disconnect the autopilot (via assigned joystick button) at a few hundred feet altitude.

And i could do the approach a little faster, but it also should be doable at around 115kts, because the stall speed at this weight is around 85kts or so. So enough margin I think.

39 minutes ago, markk70 said:

Yes I disconnect the autopilot (via assigned joystick button) at a few hundred feet altitude.

And i could do the approach a little faster, but it also should be doable at around 115kts, because the stall speed at this weight is around 85kts or so. So enough margin I think.

Actually if you check the charts Vref at Flaps 20 is 114 Kts so you are far to slow thats at 24000 LBs

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

Actually if you check the charts Vref at Flaps 20 is 114 Kts so you are far to slow thats at 24000 LBs

But my flap setting is 35, so VREF35 at 28000lb is 116kts.

2 hours ago, markk70 said:

But my flap setting is 35, so VREF35 at 28000lb is 116kts.

You are supposed to land at VREF +5 minimum to acct for wind and any variables. As I said i usually do approach around 121kts or so.

Got an e-mail earlier about upgrade #2  I'm going to try it out after i do this zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!.

This is an excellent creation. A little over 20 years ago I flew a Saab (B & B+) for a few years.  Also, about 7 years ago my employer put me through(again) the full initial course at FlightSafety as even though I would not be flying it again I would once again be familiar with it. This has become one of my favourite aircraft for XP11. LesSaab has really hit it out of the park with this creation.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Me too, this is an excellent aircraft. 🙂

x-plane-2019-04-16-22-33-13.jpg

x-plane-2019-04-16-22-50-58.jpg

x-plane-2019-04-16-22-52-16.jpg

x-plane-2019-04-16-23-02-43.jpg

x-plane-2019-04-16-23-03-53.jpg

x-plane-2019-04-16-23-58-37.jpg

x-plane-2019-04-16-23-59-47.jpg

• Upvote 3

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]