Sign in to follow this  
sudqui

Runway marks

Hi. I have in my fs-2020 the marks in the runway show poorly defines, blurred since the plane is Closer .

Even when I am going to land the runway doesn't show in high resolution. I have all parameters ultra. 

My pc

3900x ryzen

3070 RTX

32 GB 3200

2 x SSD 1 tb m.2

With this simulator is a shame not being able to see the runways correctly.

Regards

I noticed the same issue yesterday on my first flight since updating. Going to have to check my settings to see if anything reverted down to a lower value. 

Matthew Maclauchlan

Your system is almost identical to mine.  I upgraded the cpu to a 5600x and pretty much doubled my performance.  Now maxed out on ultra settings with no issues.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

2 hours ago, sudqui said:

Hi. I have in my fs-2020 the marks in the runway show poorly defines, blurred since the plane is Closer .

Even when I am going to land the runway doesn't show in high resolution. I have all parameters ultra. 

I have an issue where the runway lines look like strings of diamond shaped boxes initially.  And I am at high/ultra settings with a really fast CPU and 1080Ti.

I have found if you go outside the aircraft and rotate around it one full circle, the lines drop into place nice and sharp.  I can't find anything obviously wrong with my settings (TAA 4k @70%, 16xAF, 8xSS, AF at quality in Nvidia CP).

Like always, some people have it and some people say they don't.  Personally I think it is a bug glitch, but some people who don't see it will say 'user error'.

I would say if we have all of their settings at decent levels in the sim, this is up to MS / Asobo to sort out, not for us to go hunting for it in every possible corner of graphics configuration, because apart from the AF setting at quality, and power setting on performance, all of the rest of my settings are application controlled/use application setting in NCP.

Unfortunately, with everything else going on, it won't be a priority for them to fix.  Hopefully the upcoming upgrade to DX12 will sort it out along with a few other graphical glitches (horizon line through mountains, water reflections masked by aircraft structure, blocky reflections in some places etc.)

The DX12 update cant come soon enough for me!

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

You guys cleared the cache after the last update as instructed?  That did it for me.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

No caches set here and AF set on maximum settings in everything I have! :biggrin:  

Really strange.  I just started at the improved Liverpool Airport - lined up and ready to go on runway 09.  The lines in the distance were perfectly sharp, but in a bubble around the aircraft of about 20 meters, they were really jagged.
I did my usual trick of external view and rotating around the aircraft, but it didn't clear it! 

On my way back I did a touch and go in the opposite direction, and the fuzzy area was then perfectly sharp.  Some weird things happen with the graphics in this sim. :biggrin:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.