Sign in to follow this  
lenidcamper

Beyond Annoying

Yesterday afternoon I started up MSFS and was presented with the "London rainbow" image and before moving on to the "new in this release"  images it pops up a "CHOOSE YOUR ACCESSIBILITY SETTINGS" dialog with only a Next button.

I thought that was strange since I have started up many times since the last update without seeing this dialog. I was forced to accept the generic settings or reset them to what I had already configured months ago. I hit next and then it got worse. It brings up a "CHOOSE YOUR GRAPHICS SETTINGS" dialog with Low/Medium/ High/Ultra options, where again I need to accept generic settings or reconfigure. It repeats these steps for Service, Controls and Assistance preferences. Eventually it gets to the Welcome screen. I thought "well at least that is over". I went in and (maybe) undid the preference mayhem this had caused. I proceeded to fly and eventually exited MSFS.

Later when I started up again I was presented with the "CHOOSE YOUR ACCESSIBILITY SETTINGS" dialog once again and had to repeat the painful process. offensive initials not allowed. It's like it thinks I have never used MSFS befor,e although when I finally get through that process I am logged in with my MS account, my profile shows all my previous activity.

Has anyone else encountered this? More importantly does anyone know how to stop it???

It seems like some sort of first_login flag was set and is  not being cleared. This happened in the hour interval between one flight and the next with no changes to the system (other than the pilot eating lunch).

I9-10900K 32GB DDR4 @3000 RTX3080TI 11GB VRAM. Factory clock. HP Reverb G2

15 minutes ago, cobalt said:

Started up normally -- do not see this issue.

Depends if your GameServices has applied it's latest update.  See linked thread.

• Like 1

I9-10900K 32GB DDR4 @3000 RTX3080TI 11GB VRAM. Factory clock. HP Reverb G2

Anyone have a time stamp of the effected game service? Looks like mine was update on 2/10 and I haven’t had the issue. Is this a recent update?

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Anyone have a time stamp of the effected game service? Looks like mine was update on 2/10 and I haven’t had the issue. Is this a recent update?

Seems to have started yesterday. People are getting it at different times depending on when MS sends the Game Services update. Some have reported it starting yesterday, others today. From what I have read there appears to be no way of stopping it without applying the workaround already posted in the other thread as the app will update even with auto updates turned off.

If your Gaming Services app is not version 2.50.18001.0 then you should be OK

44 minutes ago, atco said:

Seems to have started yesterday. People are getting it at different times depending on when MS sends the Game Services update. Some have reported it starting yesterday, others today. From what I have read there appears to be no way of stopping it without applying the workaround already posted in the other thread as the app will update even with auto updates turned off.

If your Gaming Services app is not version 2.50.18001.0 then you should be OK

I'm still running 2.50.5004.0 so I guess I'm safe for now. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I absolutely love this sim, but all these problems are starting to sicken me, Asobo and Microsoft need to up their competence to regain my trust in this sim as it's fading a bit.

Edited by eaim
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.