Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Maule flight dynamics

Guest Peter Bowcut

Hi, do you guys feel like the Maule is corect in regard to ground handling in FSX? I realize that taildraggers in real-life are inherently unstable on the ground of course due to the CG being aft and the resulting the 'tailswing' phenomenon. It really seems however that ACES has overdone this effect, making takeoffs a rather difficult experience in the FSX. The FS2004 Piper Cub also suffered from the weirdness, although it flies rather nicely in the air. Both the FS2004 Piper and the FSX Maule seem a little loopy to me. I'm wondering if any of the .air file pros here have tweaked realism settings, etc, and found a 'recipe' to make the Maule more realistic?Thanks!

Guest arnaud.clere

Hi,Now that I found correct trim settings (vertical trim slightly below the mark, ailerons trim +9

HiI agree that the Maule could be a handful in the ground handling department. But, has anyone noticed that the VSI always get "stuck" just beyond 1000ft/pm in the descend or climb?. "Gave it a gentle tap with the finger, but remains there ..".Kind regardsRobert

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

The only time I have trouble taking off the Maule is when there is a crosswind. I need to learn to trim it out properly as was said.The Maule is just about my favorite plane for sightseeing in FSX. The ultralight is nice for sightseeing, too, but sometimes too slow if I want to make a transit from point A to point B and THEN sight-see.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Does the FSX Maule have the same "I don't like your CPU glitch" that the FS2004 Cub had? :-lol While my FSX Maule has been working great, for both takeoffs & landings, with realism settings all the way up; my FS2004 Cub could get a case of "I don't want to takeoff today", and would be near impossible to takeoff without loosing all rudder/aileron control, and then cartwheeling across the ground, or ground looping. And though the Cub might work great one day, it wouldn't the next. L.Adamson