Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Photogrammetry Differences

14 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

London, PG off, Orbx landmarks on.

Thanks for the shot.

I never switched PG off, but this looks quite convincing, not to say better than the half-baked PG. The point is you need (or at least I would need) landmarks over the AI-world, which we happen to have for London but not for other PG regions.

Otherwise, it's really a question. Blackshark.AI have done excellent work with the AI-world while PG still leaves to desire, at least on many systems.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

14 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Interesting choice of markings 🤨😄

Sorry, it is the current plane I like to fly... agree that it is possibly offensive to some Londoners... I apologize..

• Like 1

Bert

10 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Sorry, it is the current plane I like to fly... agree that it is possibly offensive to some Londoners... I apologize..

No need to apologise,..there's too much of this going on in this day and age just to please the over-sensitive.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

London, PG off, Orbx landmarks on.

Thanks for that, wow Im not at all worried about flying with PG off after seeing that. It looks so impressive and a bazzillion times ahead of a maxed out FSX with Orbx.

5 hours ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Interesting choice of markings 🤨😄

The p149 in real life was a cold war period Luftwaffe trainer so the livery is probably historical from the '60's.  Very few of these were sold as civilian aircraft, most of the production was earmarked as a post war NATO/EU military trainer.

Note, that particular version of the Luftwaffe Balkankreuz is still the modern and current German Airforce roundel used today.

70px-Roundel_of_Germany_%E2%80%93_Type_1

Which is NOT what they used in WWII  -  WWII aircraft usually had a variant of this one:

5-jpg.47284

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 3

Just seen this thread. I've always wondered. So just to be clear the melted buildings you sometimes get has nothing to do with your settings? ie Adjusting LOD or Buildings quality has no effect? It seems like the sim sometimes only downloads half the data and sort of stops short.

In other words if I get a melted building does everyone else see the same melted building as well?

Edited by jarmstro

37 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Just seen this thread. I've always wondered. So just to be clear the melted buildings you sometimes get has nothing to do with your settings? ie Adjusting LOD or Buildings quality has no effect? It seems like the sim sometimes only downloads half the data and sort of stops short.

In other words if I get a melted building does everyone else see the same melted building as well?

The PG glitches (melted buildings, ugly cranes, solid bridges, ...) are reproducible for me and afaik for many others. MS/ASOBO have acknowledged that they are looking into this. As said, it depends on distance, flight altitude and other circumstances how strong it appears in the eye of the beholder. But it is there. I've tried different settings with PG On, and I'm pretty sure that settings don't play any essential role.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

On 2/21/2021 at 5:23 PM, Manny said:

Check Venice out with PG and without. PG is awesome! Check it out...it shows what PG could be all over the world.

Another European city, which I live near and have flown out of the local airport, has a remarkably accurate rendition: Cambridge UK. Everything is there in place and look like the real thing: the Railway station, the colleges, especially Kings College Chapel, the Addenbrooks hospital complex. Unfortunately the airport, while the runways are accurately placed and the terminal and  associated buildings are roughly there, the buildings are not accurate renditions. Btw, Cambridge was not an accurate representation prior to the recent UK update. I think this leaves room for optimism that as the world updates are delivered we can look forward to accurate cities all over Europe and North America.

• Like 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049