Sign in to follow this  

% flying vs % setup

We know, fsx is young... but how much time do you spend to configure, tweak, improve performance, etc. instead of flying? For me it is about fifty-fifty. Too many hours...And you? What is your score? I would be interesting to have a little survey.Igor

Igor Bischi

I quit tweaking a month ago, turned off the FPS counter and am enjoying the heck out of FSX. I get very smooth VC performance in rural areas which is fine for me. When I want to fly heavies I go back to FS9. But the subtle movements during flight in FSX make it difficult to stay with FS9. Bob...

0% tweaking. None, zip, etc.Auto-gen and water off. Scenery, mesh, and global settings high, or near so.

I fly for a bit, then I realize the performance of the game has somehow dropped since I last played and the textured are blurred and have the shimmering affect. Sometimes it plays fine, then the next it plays like junk. I then close FSX and shake my head wondering why we have to take a leap backward in graphics and performance before we can take that magical leap forward.