Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

MAFA2020 settings and controls lost

Hello, need some advise please. After every update since release of the Flight Simulator settings and control bindings was fine without any issues. After the latest world update also everything, settings and control bindings was untouched, was fine. Today while I run the sim came an update and all my settings and controls need to reconfigure from the begging. What’s happening, have no idea. Any advise please?

thank you

8 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hello, need some advise please.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

11 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Today while I run the sim came an update and all my settings and controls need to reconfigure from the begging. What’s happening, have no idea. Any advise please?

Controls settings are still available. Change the defaul profiles.

Happened to me also,everything wiped : (

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

this is something connected to a xbox live update. i dont have the issue yet.

Yes, I also am affected by this. Waiting for an official fix since I dont wanna jump through 20 hoops to use a fix from a frenchman barely able to speak english and whom I dont know to disable win10 features through powershell. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Yes, I also am affected by this. Waiting for an official fix since I dont wanna jump through 20 hoops to use a fix from a frenchman barely able to speak english and whom I dont know to disable win10 features through powershell. 

It's your choice but I think you should definitely give TenPatrol more credit than this. He shared a fix to this annoying issue for those who know what they're doing and don´t want to wait for an official fix.

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I understood the instructions quite clearly and there is not too many hoops and the instructions for restore are very clear.

Depends how desperate you want to fly MSFS.

I thought his instructions were good, and as for his english which is written in this case, you might want to look through these forums for examples of poor english by native speakers.

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

1 hour ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Any news from MS for a fix?

As far as I can tell from following the thread in their forums, it looks like total radio silence so far.  Shameful to not even acknowledge it in any official capacity, in my opinion.  

• Like 2

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

I posted a way to back up control settings on this forum a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if this will correct the problem or not. I haven't had an issue so far. 

Here is a link to  the thread I started. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

They need to have a file we can save and have in our control.

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

New version of Gaming Services was released. Run the MS Store app in Win 10 and check for updates.

• Like 1