Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

MAFA2020 settings and controls lost

Do we know if there's a way to save all configs?  Gfx, controllers etc?  Would be good.

I thought I'd lost the lot but it turned out controllers survived.  Gfx tweaks are easy enough, but resetting 20 axes/buttons would be a pain.

Paul Skol

It has done it again,after I reset all my controllers yesterday!!!

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I also experienced this today! Now everytime I launch MSFS it keeps asking me to UPDATE THE SIM! But it's already updated, and then after that it tells me to reconfigure all my settings like as if it's the very 1st time I loaded up the sim. Sigh, what is going on and why is it updating every time I launch the sim?!?!?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Does anyone knows if this is also affecting the MSFS Steam users or just only the MSFS MS Store users?. I'm on Steam and so far have not seen any issues.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

9 hours ago, edpatino said:

I'm on Steam and so far have not seen any issues.

Run microsoft store app and check gaming services version.

11 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

How can we remove the instruments from external view

Options > general > camera

Scroll down and turn off > instrument heads-up display (HUD)

apply and save

12 hours ago, Paul_Yorks said:

Do we know if there's a way to save all configs?  Gfx, controllers etc?

Yes, comtrols stored in the cloud and your HDD.

MS Store version > AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs\a lot of digits

Steam > Steam\userdata\[your_user_number]\1250410\remote

Graphics settings > search file named UserCfg.opt

Ms store > AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\

Steam > AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

12 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

It has done it again,after I reset all my controllers yesterday!!!

Controls settings are still available. Change the default profiles ;)

• Like 2

Hello,
I have installed MSFS2020 a few days ago and it works fine till this morning. Like you, i have lost all my options, except controllers settings. 
To manage this issue, i restored a saved file of UserCfg.opt in the directory WpSystem\...\LocalCache and it works. 
Maybe not in accordance with established practice but it works. 

To realise this backup, periodically i saved all the directory WpSystem\...\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

15 minutes ago, Livingston said:

Hello,
I have installed MSFS2020 a few days ago and it works fine till this morning. Like you, i have lost all my options, except controllers settings. 
To manage this issue, i restored a saved file of UserCfg.opt in the directory WpSystem\...\LocalCache and it works. 
Maybe not in accordance with established practice but it works. 

To realise this backup, periodically i saved all the directory WpSystem\...\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Fix posted yesterday on this forum. This is what happens when there are multipole threads on the same problem. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes, Thanks Bobsk8,
I had read this fix ... The real fix is an update of Gaming Services App. My issue occurs today and no update of Gaming Services App since 20th. So, it is still here for me ...

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

8 hours ago, TENPATROL said:

Run microsoft store app and check gaming services version.

Ok, thanks, in Windows 10 Settings>Apps and Features, the Gaming Services App installed is the version 2.47.10001.0. The Microsoft Store is prompting me for an update, but since I have no issues with the sim, I'm not exactly sure what I have to do without messing up anything.

What would you recommend me to do?. The update itself?.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Like Ed, I have the Steam version, except My graphics settings do not seem to be saving. When I make a change to the graphics settings I save it and exit out of the program. The next time I open MSFS2020 I check the graphics settings and they revert back to what I had before I made the changes. it looks like the “UserCfg.opt” file  is not updating (changes not writing to file). Anyone else seeing this with Steam? I thought it only affected Microsoft Store purchasers.

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

All is well now for me!

I'll call myself a word not allowed in the forum, but I think I may have found the problem. I made a change the other day to the UserCfg.opt file for something that a poster in the forums claimed would tone down the granular effect of the clouds, and they due look better IMO. I set the bold items to 0(as shown below). But the thing is, under properties I checked off "Read Only" so that the file would not be overwritten when I exited out of the game. Stupid me, forgot that I had done that, I am going into the sim now to double check to see if that is the issue.

{PostProcess
        Enabled 1
        EyeAdaptation 1
        ColorGrading 1
        Sharpen 0
        Fringe 1
        LensDistortion 1
        Dirt 1
        LensFlare 1
        FilmGrain 0
        Vignette 1
        LensBlurMultiplier 1.000000
        FringeMultiplier 1.000000

Update: That was it! Sorry to cause all the alarm!

Regards

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

On 2/23/2021 at 7:36 PM, edpatino said:

What would you recommend me to do?. The update itself?.

Update manually gaming services.

• Like 1