Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Saigon (VVTS) and other airports by Viet Sim Scenery

Hi Folks,

Today I googled to see if there is another scenery of Tan Son Nhat airport (VVTS) other than the Thai Creation representation for... FS2004.

And I've come across Viet Sim Scenery a developer who has released recently a couple of vietnamese airports.

For the price (less than 10 USD) sure those are not high-end sceneries. Additionnally, many screenshots are by night so we don't see clearly. But I might consider buying one airport because I'd love to have an international vietnamese airport.

Anyone have bought an airport from them?

- TONY -

7 hours ago, Simicro said:

Hi Folks,

Today I googled to see if there is another scenery of Tan Son Nhat airport (VVTS) other than the Thai Creation representation for... FS2004.

And I've come across Viet Sim Scenery a developer who has released recently a couple of vietnamese airports.

For the price (less than 10 USD) sure those are not high-end sceneries. Additionnally, many screenshots are by night so we don't see clearly. But I might consider buying one airport because I'd love to have an international vietnamese airport.

Anyone have bought an airport from them?

Hi,

I’m one of the beta tester for their product. Currently you will have problem with dynamic lighting for P3D V5 with VVTS airport. Planning to release the update soon
It’s a one-man project and he is very new to the designing scenery. 
Cheers, 

• Like 1

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I have bought VVTS and am running it under P3DV5 HF1. There are some issues but the developer is working to solve them.

He will bring out VVNB in the near future and I will for sure buy it.

• Like 1

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

I will watch for these when released for P3dV5. Be nice if he could do some airports in Cambodia as well.

I saw these appear on Simmarket but did not buy them. Judging by the screenshots they are too simplistic for me. It also doesn't help that the screenshots do a poor job of showcasing the product. I would recommend the author to include many, many more daytime screenshots giving both overviews as well as closeups of the scenery.

• Like 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback.

Agree with you Benjamin regarding more daytime screenshots and closeups of the scenery.

On the other hand I am tempted to buy one airport to encourage the author because vietnamese airports are very rare.

• Upvote 2

- TONY -

At the price he is asking you cannot go wrong, I have bought worse for much more.

To be fair, the page clearly states that it is for P3D up to V4. Main main issue are the runway markings, but he is working on them.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Hello,
So this is going to be the final beta version of Noi Bai Intl Airport VVNB before going out to simmarket, there are errors to the AFCAD and texture, he has done his best, so enjoy as much as you can!

Updates to Tan Son Nhat Intl Airport VVTS will come soon.

Cheers,

2021-2-26-16-52-4-550.jpg

2021-2-26-16-53-17-785.jpg

2021-2-26-16-58-46-423.jpg

2021-2-26-16-59-17-889.jpg

2021-2-26-17-2-17-837.jpg

2021-2-26-17-4-33-593.jpg

Edited by Hoang
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Hello Hoang,

Many thanks for the screens. Looks OK/good for the price.

I'll get VVTS (I'm originally from there) when the update is released.

As you are beta-tester, please keep us informed of any news in this thread.

By the way, can you please tell the developer that it would be nice if he comes here on AVSIM to discuss with us?

- TONY -

6 hours ago, Simicro said:

Hello Hoang,

Many thanks for the screens. Looks OK/good for the price.

I'll get VVTS (I'm originally from there) when the update is released.

As you are beta-tester, please keep us informed of any news in this thread.

By the way, can you please tell the developer that it would be nice if he comes here on AVSIM to discuss with us?

Hello,

Thank you. The update for other airports from him will be around Sunday or early next week. 

If there is anything just give me a message I will pass it to him, he does not have an account here in avsim.

Btw, Noi Bai VVNB is released over at simmarket

https://secure.simmarket.com/viet-sim-scenery-vvnb-noi-bai-international-airport-newly-rebuildt-fsx-p3d1-5.phtml?fbclid=IwAR0EIZQpg1_LdXxWiPqiSFg48GB6MgBG2O_3sCgKtn8-pCZI_ZnYs3bs1YU

Cheers,

• Like 1

Hoang Le

P3D v5

9 hours ago, Hoang said:

Thanks for the heads up I will go there straight away to purchase.

I have memories of my first arrival there in the mid-90ies when CX had to park their A340 somewhere out on the taxiway and we queued up outside of the shed that was immigration and baggage delivery. I have experienced what is now terminal 1 but terminal 2 was built after my last visit (same as the new terminal in VVTS).

Erhard

3 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

Thanks for the heads up I will go there straight away to purchase.

I have memories of my first arrival there in the mid-90ies when CX had to park their A340 somewhere out on the taxiway and we queued up outside of the shed that was immigration and baggage delivery. I have experienced what is now terminal 1 but terminal 2 was built after my last visit (same as the new terminal in VVTS).

Now all I need is the VNA repaint of new PMDG 777-200ER...

Hoang Le

P3D v5

On 2/26/2021 at 7:05 PM, Hoang said:

If there is anything just give me a message I will pass it to him, he does not have an account here in avsim.

Hi Hoang,

Thanks for the offer. Why he cannot create an account here on AVSIM?

So I purchased VVTS last week-end to see what the scenery really looks like compared to the screenshots. And also to support him.

I have several comments/ suggestions:

1. In the readme file and also in the installer, he says: "THANKS FOR PURCHASING MY PRODUCT. IF HAVING ANY PROBLEM CONTACT ME VIA MAILBOX OR INBOX". But he does not give his email adddress.

2. Maybe the readme text files naming and content could be better formatted to give a more professional look.

3. We are instructed to "STEP 3: COPY THE TEXTURE FOLDER TO YOUR SIM DIRECTOR ". So I understand that I have to copy the files in P3D\Texture. Problem is that the textures he wants the user to copy-paste do already exist in the P3D\Texture, at least they have the same naming. I do not want to override my default textures with his textures. So at this time, I cannot enjoy yet his scenery. Sorry if I am not very literate with manual installation but the sceneries I buy have full automated installers.

4. Sceenshots of the scenery on Simmarket: I notice that he added some screenshots on daytime, as per previous discussion, which is good. Now the screenshots are pixelated and hence do not value the scenery. He should increase the anti-aliasing or if he does not have the appropriate hardware, then ask somebody to make the screenshots for him.

5. Maybe he should focus on 1 or 2 sceneries (eg. Tan Son Nhat, Noi Bai) and improve his techniques instead of working on many sceneries at once (Phu Quoc, Vinh...) ?

6. Why not liaising with Thai Creations or Flying Bear Studio who used to create some vietnamese airports (but are apparently now inactive), to leverage on their experience?

• Like 1

- TONY -

On 3/9/2021 at 3:29 AM, Simicro said:

Hi Hoang,

Thanks for the offer. Why he cannot create an account here on AVSIM?

So I purchased VVTS last week-end to see what the scenery really looks like compared to the screenshots. And also to support him.

I have several comments/ suggestions:

1. In the readme file and also in the installer, he says: "THANKS FOR PURCHASING MY PRODUCT. IF HAVING ANY PROBLEM CONTACT ME VIA MAILBOX OR INBOX". But he does not give his email adddress.

2. Maybe the readme text files naming and content could be better formatted to give a more professional look.

3. We are instructed to "STEP 3: COPY THE TEXTURE FOLDER TO YOUR SIM DIRECTOR ". So I understand that I have to copy the files in P3D\Texture. Problem is that the textures he wants the user to copy-paste do already exist in the P3D\Texture, at least they have the same naming. I do not want to override my default textures with his textures. So at this time, I cannot enjoy yet his scenery. Sorry if I am not very literate with manual installation but the sceneries I buy have full automated installers.

4. Sceenshots of the scenery on Simmarket: I notice that he added some screenshots on daytime, as per previous discussion, which is good. Now the screenshots are pixelated and hence do not value the scenery. He should increase the anti-aliasing or if he does not have the appropriate hardware, then ask somebody to make the screenshots for him.

5. Maybe he should focus on 1 or 2 sceneries (eg. Tan Son Nhat, Noi Bai) and improve his techniques instead of working on many sceneries at once (Phu Quoc, Vinh...) ?

6. Why not liaising with Thai Creations or Flying Bear Studio who used to create some vietnamese airports (but are apparently now inactive), to leverage on their experience?

Hi,

I gave him the link to this post and it depends on him.

1. His email address is at Simmarket product page "DUCPHAMPHOTO@GMAIL.COM"

2. I will pass that to him, thank you.

3. I will tell him about this and see if he can make any changes, at least next release Da Nang Intl Airport has this fixed.

4. I'm the beta tester for P3D V5, I took all the photos in V5. He only chose the dusk/night ones and the day time photos he took by himself in FSX so that he can have pictures from all platform (FSX and P3D). I will discuss this with him.

5. He is improving as he continues, there are still couple of local airports he wants to finish first. After that he will come back and upgrade the bigger ones. After he releases Da Nang (which will be very soon) and Cam Ranh Intl airport, he will be back and do VVTS pretty much from scratch to have better quality.

6. Thai Creations have been silence for years. Flying Bear Studio is now a busy airline captain, we are asking him for support, hopefully he can remember some skill from his previous releases.

Thank you so much for your information.

Upcoming release is Da Nang Intl Airport

2021-3-12-0-14-14-285.png

Hoang Le

P3D v5

55 minutes ago, Hoang said:

Hi,

I gave him the link to this post and it depends on him.

Excellent, many thanks Hoang.

From now on I will email Duc directly, to avoid you the hassle to play the intermediaty role 😉

- TONY -