Sign in to follow this  
jlm06

Impossible to get NOAA weather

Hi,

Impossible to get NOAA weather in pilot2atc even with 2.6.2.0.

Recentmetar.xml still blank whatever I try.

I even tried to put metar from X-Plane and to set the mode on sim weather with right folder. Nothing : "Weather not available".

Any Idea ? What should be the XML format of recentmetar.xml ? I could try to put it manually.

Last question: What url is called to get data on NOAA ? I could try also manually.

Thanks,

The current url for NOAA is https://aviationweather.gov/adds/dataserver_current/current/metars.cache.xml

If it works in the browser, but takes too long to respond, it might still not work in P2A.  It takes less than 4 seconds in my browser today.

I just tried it in P2A for EGLL and KJFK and got good weather reports.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

OK Thank you Dave,

I am able to download the file.

I tried to filled manually the recentMetar file with this data but I guess P2A read it right after the download. So it recreates the file I modified before reading it...

I desactivated Firewall and Bitdefender without success.

It must come from my configuration.

You should be able to just save the downloaded file as RecentMetar.xml in the Data folder of P2A, but P2A will download a new file if more than the specified refresh time has elapsed since it last did a successful download, that is probably why it read/replaced your file. 

Something else in your Windows/Security settings must be stopping P2A from accessing the internet and downloading the NOAA file.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I don't understand. I am able to download the Metars_cache.xml file from the same computer in less that 4 seconds but I see in P2A that it fails "retreiving weather from web".

I desactivated Firewall and Bitdefender without success.

I tried in administration mode without success neither.

What should I try to figure out what happen ?

The TAF file is also blank.

I can see in logs file that P2A failed to download these files.

I watched the process and I see it open tcp connection but I can't see target URL with netstat. But for sure it is not dowloading the 4MB of the Metars.

As a workaround, I tried to place the file by myself but I don't see weather in P2A even with setting a low refresh frequency in p2a to avoid deletion.

What is the fist xml tag you expect "response" or "data" ? I guess it is data but I tried both of them..

I am stuck but I don't give up ! 🙂

Anyway, thank you for this wonderfull tool.

The response is the data file. 

Since you can access the site from your browser, the problem has to be with a setting on your system that is preventing P2A from accessing the internet.  For example, if you have Manual Proxy Setup enabled, then try disabling that and using Auto proxy setup. 

If that all fails, then possibly uninstalling, rebooting the PC and then reinstalling P2A might cause interactions with your system that cures the problem.  If you do this, then send me your license key via email so I can reset it for registration.

Dave

Ok, I will do that.

Is there anything else coming from internet in P2A ? We could check if it works or not and validate the fact that P2A cannot access internet at all

The map tiles and elevation data are served from the internet.  I assume you are getting the map showing, so there is some sort of access to the internet. 

Try setting the Proxy to automatic.  My Windows proxy settings are to Automatically detect settings turned on.  Maybe that is what is needed.

Dave

Dave now it works.

But to be Frank I don't know what changed. I played with process priority and it worked. But I did the test again with normal priority and it is still working.

Anyway, sorry to have wasted your time and thank you for the support.