Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Another Piper Arrow?

Well technically there might be four.

• The Just Flight 70/80's vintage Arrow III (seems to have some Glass, GNS530 perhaps optional)
  • The Just Flight 70/80s vintage Turbo Arrow III,  (Steam with a a vintage radio stack, again perhaps optional GNS530)
  • The Just Flight 70/80s vintage Turbo Arrow IV (probably similar to and in the same package as the Turbo Arrow III)
  • Then you have the Carenado late 90's Arrow remake - the one released after the bankruptcy (Steam with double GNS430) 
Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

There's an arrow for MSFS from JF with glass?  I missed that preview.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

There's an arrow for MSFS from JF with glass?  I missed that preview.

I think from previews the basic JF one may get a Garmin 100, GN530 or GN430 as switchable options.  There is of course no guarantee that what we see in previews is what we will get on release.

The GN530 is not necessarily what people would call glass these days I suppose.  I probably used the wrong term.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

8 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The GN530 is not necessarily what people would call glass these days I suppose.  I probably used the wrong term.

Yeah I thought you meant G1000 or Aspen/G500 or something.  That may yet come if they make an Archer.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Beyond different avionics fits, there's a good chance Just Flight will exploit the existence of a good 3D model to make many more PA-28 variants, as they did with FSX and P3D, and Carenado will probably do that too.

There's lots of potential, for sure: You've got the pre and post '73 versions with different wings, fuselage, tailplane and control arrangements, plus all kinds of different engine fits and interior trim, seen over a production run which has spanned over sixty years. You've got fixed gear, retractable gear, floatplane, T-tail, normally aspirated, turbo, diesels, with many different engine manufacturers having been used. So there's Archers, Arrows, Cherokees, Warriors, Dakotas, DXs etc, and now the funky new twin-seater Pilot training version which went into production last year.

There's absolutely loads of the things; I think they're getting up to about 33,000 PA-28 variants having been built at this point, which makes it the fourth most numerous production aeroplane ever. It's only surpassed in numbers by the Cessna 172, the Ilyushin IL-2 and the Messerschmitt bf109, although possibly also beaten the Yak 9, if you count earlier variants as the same type, as most people do with the bf109.

Personally, I'd like to see a floatplane version. In P3D I had to be content with the Scansim version of the PA-28 for one of those, which was okay but not brilliant graphically, so it'd be great to see this thing made into a floatplane variant at some point, because it really does suit floats.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah I thought you meant G1000 or Aspen/G500 or something.  That may yet come if they make an Archer.

I'd be quite surprised if the JF Archer TX/LX didn't turn up in MSFS eventually.

I think it'd be interesting to see someone do one of the new Pilot variants, since they are the brand spanking new ones at flight schools which incorporate tablets and would possibly be useful for supplementary practice for anyone learning on one of those things for real. I should think that'd be a big seller in flight schools if it had some realistic avionics.

Alan Bradbury

I've flown a various mix of PA28 and engines. Some had garmin glass, some had old GNS430, some just VFR certified...some with the straight ("hershey bar") wing and some with the tapered wing. Wheel fairings one some...list goes on

To me they were all different individuals. Oil consumption, priming quantity, radios...smell(!)

I'm not too picky that  it "needs to be on the POH numbers", because frankly, not many 40y old PA28 are. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, dfeldman said:

Would love to see a Cherokee 6/300.

Dave.

Affirmative!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Probably should be on the numbers if it's one of the brand new ones, but yeah, unless it's had a 15 grand overhaul, an old one would probably be nowhere near the book in terms of performance, although that will be something to watch out for when people start saying 'it doesn't fly like the PA28 they flew', because, as you say, unless it was attempting to simulate the exact one they flew, it almost certainly would not anyway when there's literally dozens of different models of PA28.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Did carenado already fix the issues with the Mooney/PA-44 ?

The Mooney is sitting there, collecting dust. I totally regret the purchase, I haven't been able to complete a single flight with all the issues it had (CTD with the GPS, HSI) and the slow response to fix them. It was my first and last purchase.

Cheers :)

N.-

26 minutes ago, neucoas said:

Did carenado already fix the issues with the Mooney/PA-44 ?

The Mooney is sitting there, collecting dust. I totally regret the purchase, I haven't been able to complete a single flight with all the issues it had (CTD with the GPS, HSI) and the slow response to fix them. It was my first and last purchase.

There have been a number of updates and I have flown both for quite long periods in the sim (1 hour+).  The only problem I have with the Mooney is the loss of frame rate with the taxi and landing lights on - it gets a little jerky - that is a strange one! 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The Mooney in conjunction with the gn530 mod is now pretty good, at least on my system.

Have you been able to have the autopilot fly an ILS approach?  Mine wouldn't capture the localizer or glideslope.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |