Sign in to follow this  
captain420

SERIOUSLY word not allowed! ALL OF MY SETTINGS GOT RESET!

I loaded up MSFS and it greeted me to update, but my sim has already been updated. So after the update, I noticed it asks me to configure my settings all over again! offensive initials not allowed! Does anyone know what happened? Now I have to redo all my camera settings, keybindings, game settings, joystick settings, sigh. I'm seriously word not allowed!!!!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

see here -

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks, I hope that resolves it. I was about to blow my lid off!!!!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Sigh, after going to windows store to update the xbox gaming service and bing maps, and launch MSFS, it is still asking me to update the word not allowed GAME!!!! and then its showing me this screen again! Seems like i am stuck at this screen, hitting ESC or M for the preset manager doesn't do anything.

image.png

Edited by captain420
  • Like 3

Offensive initials not allowed 😂

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

I loaded up MSFS and it greeted me to update, but my sim has already been updated. So after the update, I noticed it asks me to configure my settings all over again! offensive initials not allowed! Does anyone know what happened? Now I have to redo all my camera settings, keybindings, game settings, joystick settings, sigh. I'm seriously word not allowed!!!!

The one advantage of living in Australia (there are many by the way 😉) is that we generally receive these updates after you good folk in the northern hemisphere. Which is good for us as we can read about all the issues people have before we have them, and can mitigate the impact somewhat. I haven't received this update as yet, but thanks to all the posts about settings being lost, I have gone and made copies of my current ones so it will at least save me a bit of time fine tuning again!

As a general comment about Asobo and MSFS 2020, I would guess I'm spending about 4 hours flying to 1 hour fixing issues. That a quarter of my time spent updating, searching for fixes to introduced problems, and now (when the update hits) resetting all of my control and camera presets.

My gripe is that these problems come by way of forced updates and appear to me to have not been beta tested by anyone. For example, how could anyone miss the flap lift coefficient problem before pushing the last update?? Fixes come from members of our community most of the time. Terrain spikes, shoreline abnormalities, aircraft aerodynamics and performance, sim clouds fixes come to mind. Asobo do eventually address these issues, but not until an official update is due, which can be several weeks. How can members of the community act faster than the people who get paid to make this product?

Anyhoo, rant over and I hope Captain you get your settings sorted quickly.

Cheers

Edited by mdreyer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Murray Dreyer

Does anyone knows if this is also affecting the MSFS Steam users or just only the MSFS MS Store users?. I'm on Steam and so far have not seen any issues.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, mdreyer said:

For example, how could anyone miss the flap lift coefficient problem before pushing the last update?? Fixes come from members of our community most of the time.

You are absolutely correct.  MS/Asobo keep focusing on scenery and eye candy updates, with no real fixes to things that affect core functionality, and then they somehow...somehow let in a bug that absolutely destroys a core function of the sim, and according them that code crept in from a future update.  It's a FLIGHT simulator, and they broke the flight model, and then had the audacity and arrogance to refuse to hotfix it, and then tell their customers that they should just fix each cfg file themselves, but WAIT!  THERE'S MORE!  You can't do that with Premium Deluxe aircraft because they're encrypted.  I'm glad I have P3D, XP, and DCS too, because I'm very quickly losing faith in MS and Asobo to actually produce a flight simulator.

Edited by cmorg
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

I have the MS store one and lost all settings, views etc.  Each game load they would be erased after manually inputing them all again, there are a lot of settings!

Used the fix, but lost my custom view keys and assignments.  

Simon

How does one backup ones controller profiles in case this happens to one?

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

The profiles are stored in "Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs\000901FDF6A0322A_00000000000000000000000069F80140"  (last folder name may be different)

----

re:recovery of lost profiles

When I moved from the alpha to the release, I was able to transfer all my controllers over by doing the following....  The same process can apply to lost (or accidentally deleted) profiles.

1. In FS2020, create a new empty profile for the particular controller and exit the sim.

2. Go to the profile folder (as above) and search through the sub folders until you find the file just created that relates to your controller

3. Using a text editor like notepad++,  copy the contents of the old profile (from a backup) into the newly created profile file, replacing what was there. You may want to update the "Friendly name" text.

4. Run FS2020.  The newly altered profile will be uploaded to the cloud.

Assuming you have a backup, you can recover a profile that was deleted this way.

Note: Every time a profile is created or altered, a new GUID based folder is created, so you cant just copy an old profile into the profiles folder. You have to create / cut and paste (at least that's how it was the last time I did it)

Of course, the better ongoing solution is to have your OS on a small partition so you can backup regularly, and ensure that the FS2020 data folders (eg: Community and Official folder) are on a non OS drive, so if you lose the configs, you can just rollback your OS partition which will restore the FS2020 main runtime and profiles to the last backup state. Missing profiles will be re-synced to the cloud.

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.