Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What's the best replay/recording app for MSFS?

There seems to be a lot of replay and recording apps being released. I lost track. Does anyone know what the best one is? I'm looking for something simple to watch my takeoff and landings mostly from any camera angle and from drone cam, with the ability to export and trim the clip out to an mp4.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm not rushing out to buy anything. I know replays are coming to the sim. I'm not sure about recording/exporting to mp4. I just use GFE for that.

Edited by suncoastflyer

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

How do you install it? There's no instructions.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Just drop the downloaded folder anywhere on your computer and run the executable file inside.

It works very well.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

18 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Super simple, unzip then run it. I use it for my videos and its a great app. The dev is super helpful and adding features that gain enough requests, it recently had timescaling built in so now you can adjust playback speed. Its free qt the end of the day so I much rather prefer this to hold me over until asobo introduce their tool, even then I may continue using this with more feature additions. 

Thanks guys! Will give it a try!

I just can supplement previous suggestions. I tried the free "Flight Recorder" by nguyenquyhy found on flightsim.to. It works as expected without much bells and whistles. As said also, it seems getting updated regularly, which is - in 2021 - something like every week 😉

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

If you're just looking for a simple recorder, I think it's hard to go wring with "Flight Recorder".    I really do find myself appreciating some of the options that FSPlayground has for the on-screen playback controller,. info popups, jump to landing, freeze on landing, and a few other features, though.

I was disappointed with Flight Control Replay.

I’ve extensively used the FSX/P3D recorder which is rather coarse and I am a little disappointed that Asobo didn’t even care to integrate it. 

A recorder should ideally be measured against this checklist :

Does it record

-the change of position of ailerons, flaps, rudder, landing gear ? Very important. 

- the cockpit instruments ? Very important.

- the moving vehicles: AI aircraft, road traffic, airport ground traffic ? Nice

- the time and the weather ? Nice. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Well I've just been playing around with the free flight recorder and I must it's a fantastic tool. No actual installation necessary. It's so easy and simple to use. For the first time in months I've finally been able to watch my take-off and landings. The quality is excellent, the same as in your game. No loss of FPS when recording.

I then opened up my OBS Studio and recorded the recording which I then converted into MP4 and now I can play back the recording in any third party video playback software. This will be great for when making YouTube videos.

Thanks to the Dev for making this free tool for us to use.

• Like 1

Yes it is a great tool. Flight Recorder. Please consider sending the Dev a small donation (as I have done) so that he can continue to improve this work.

• Like 2

Yeah really, Flight Recorder is very good, simple and does the job pretty well!. I bought FCR and I was a bit disappointed and honestly I don't need all these features that FCR offers, what I need is record, play and save, simple. Yeah Flight Recorder developer deserve donations for his good utility and his dedicated support 😉

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super