Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Aerosoft A320 Heading not working

I wouldn't normally post this here - it would go on the Aerosoft site, but their site for asking for help seems to be down at the moment.

I'm having trouble with this aircraft - it's pretty simple. I can't get the HDG to work on the auto-pilot. It's turned on, it reached the correct altitude and speed, but it won't hang on the heading when I cross the path.  I only gently cross the path - not more than a few degrees. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UYrCHpiUprbRqbhg7

Any help would really be appreciated. Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Is the dial being right clicked?

This is what I am assuming?

Edited by 40track

It has. Some times it switches and sometimes not. I can get it into a manual mode and easily change the heading, but "---*" doesn't seem to change anything.  It's mad if the other switches work - you have the pull some and push to get it right, and I understand that's correct, but i'm being ignored!

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Right clicking on all dials  Speed/Mach  Nav/HDG and Alt   i have only experienced working. Also as i only use direct GPS entry and steer via HDG to match direction of The ATC calls.

I cant think of what's going on there and as of what/how the dots mean/function next to the Displays is beyond me.

Found this YouTube link

(11) Detailed A320 Cockpit Guide (FSX - Aerosoft A320) - YouTube

Start at 39 min mark.

Edited by 40track
Added info

14 hours ago, 40track said:

This is an old link, that I've seen before, but I appreciate you trying to help. I'm still trying, but no other help - there must be a reason the NAV is not working and taking control of the heading.

Gaz on Facebook

Here are my pics of me taking off.

I can't see a difference between now, and what it was a few days ago.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b7zHnFEorfotdN5L6

Can anyone please help. There are some images attached, and if you want another just ask.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Where is INIT B page? When I get to an INIT page and click an arrow, I get to the FUEL PRED page. 

https://photos.app.ginit oo.gl/Wim42vTeXEayNhLQ6

How do I get to the INIT B page?

Gaz on Facebook

Problem solved! By the solver (brilliant guy)

Ah, that nasty bug. Hard to recreate for us. I had it myself several times.

FIX:

When airborne perform an DIR TO to the next wpt, and HDG will work again.

The reason for that bug is a special combination of order during flight setup. 
If you have a 100% recreatable order of steps, please post. Maybe we will finally be able to track it down.

Gaz on Facebook

2 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Problem solved! By the solver (brilliant guy)

Ah, that nasty bug. Hard to recreate for us. I had it myself several times.

FIX:

When airborne perform an DIR TO to the next wpt, and HDG will work again.

The reason for that bug is a special combination of order during flight setup. 
If you have a 100% recreatable order of steps, please post. Maybe we will finally be able to track it down.

As dir button then enter airway or destination then clicking on waypoint then clicking on direct to only to find the next waypoint is under discontinuity?

Edited by 40track

On 2/23/2021 at 6:49 PM, Gary McCluskey said:

Where is INIT B page? When I get to an INIT page and click an arrow, I get to the FUEL PRED page. 

https://photos.app.ginit oo.gl/Wim42vTeXEayNhLQ6

How do I get to the INIT B page?

Those pics tell me that your AP is not engaged and off the track but it is ON. If is on Managed mode shoud follow your route. In FSL as I remember that happens if you are certain distance off the path. In that case you could go to DIR TO and pick next WPT. It seems like a bug to me....

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Yes there's a couple of things about this...

• Even though FD 1 is set to ON, the PFD indicates Managed mode is armed but not yet engaged as evidenced by the blue text on the FMA for ALT and NAV.
  • On take off I see Open Decent commanded to 7,000ft. I wonder if this is confusing the AP? I havent seen this but then normally I would select Managed mode for take off right from brakes release. Having said that, I dont see anything wrong in Gary's set up since there are no climb restrictions that I can see on his departure out, so OP CLB to 7,000ft is also appropriate.

Not sure what's going on there.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Well, when I got told too do it, I simply told DIR to go to the first point on the map, and that was not the (I don't know what you call it, but it's taken after leaving the runway and the HDG is engaged). Easy, really, but it's of those things you can need help on. As masterhawk says on this post: 

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/159832-hdg-doesnt-work/&do=findComment&comment=1017348

• Like 1

Gaz on Facebook

BUMP

Quickstart guide

Set aircraft state to taxi state and save

Load fuel 19 tonnes if load no visible go back to taxi state and click on it again

Next Create a flightplan in Simbrief i.e KJFKKORD01 and save to flightplan in documents.....

Then load in as KJFK/KORD as shown and click from/to top button to the right then insert

Next load in crz alt i.e 30000 then left button next to it

Finally ZFW and double click on button next to it.

Works 100%

Just got this to work.

Not a bug!

Edited by 40track
Spelling

On 9/6/2021 at 9:31 PM, 40track said:

BUMP

Quickstart guide

Set aircraft state to taxi state and save

Load fuel 19 tonnes if load no visible go back to taxi state and click on it again

Next Create a flightplan in Simbrief i.e KJFKKORD01 and save to flightplan in documents.....

Then load in as KJFK/KORD as shown and click from/to top button to the right then insert

Next load in crz alt i.e 30000 then left button next to it

Finally ZFW and double click on button next to it.

Works 100%

Just got this to work.

Not a bug!

Make sure in airbus configurator Realistic Company Route is ticked before performing the above.

This really needs to be fixed on all Aerosoft Airbus products (318-330)

Minor gripe is that the setting for taxi and take off state on the A318-A330 still have the aircraft switched off also the A319-A320 have the tray table pop out at altitude when it hasn't even been clicked.

Sorry to spam.

Edited by 40track
Added Gripe