Sign in to follow this  
Marioalberto

Endless Loop Between "both" & "Start" on Props

Hi, I Have strange problem on just the Prop planes(Not Turbo Props or Jets). As soon as I launch a plane, the ignition stays on a endless loop flickering between "Both" and "Start". And no matter what I do, I cannot stop it from this loop. I cannot change it to "L" or "R" or command it to any specific position. It just fans back and forth between "Both" and "Start". Fortunately, other than the annoying constant clicking, it doesn't really affect the flying, so I've tried to live with it. When I use my Honeycomb Yoke switches, it doesn't change anything(and there's no conflict on the Honeycomb assignments.) The only thing that I can do with the Honeycomb that I cannot with the Mouse is to turn the engine off. However, as soon as I crank it to restart it, the loop begins.

Has this happened to anyone, and if yes, any solution would much appreciated. Thanks.

Mario

I think the Honeycomb uses 'always on' switches which are probably what is causing this.  I don't have the physical unit so maybe someone who does can chime in.

This may be new as well, I've seen a few recent comments in different places about the random key-switch clicking since the latest patch for the sim.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Thanks for the update marsman2020, I'll monitor the forum closely for any input from someone who may have a workaround or a solution. Thanks again.

Mario

Unmapping the starter switch in MSFS and using something like FSUIPC or Spad.Nxt to send those commands to the sim as a "one time" command might be your best bet.

Personally I'd unplug all Honeycomb hardware and see if the issue goes away, then contact Honeycomb for support since they advertise their product as being "100% compatible" with MSFS.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

This is a bug. It doesn’t just happen with honeycomb devices. A chap in these forums had a saitek something or the other and has the same issue. 
I find that by moving the throttle quickly to 75% and then back again eliminates the issue. 

PS it still happens even if you map the starter using Vjoy or fsuipc or spad.next. I’ve tried them all 🙂 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

Thanks for the update  marsman2020 & Ianrivaldosmith. I'll try the 75% deal and the unplugging of the Honeycomb. At least since you say that it's a known issue/bug, then hopefully at some point it will be corrected. Will update with the outcome of my test. Thanks.

Mario

Update: Tried both suggestions above without any luck. Thanks.

Mario  

Edited by Marioalberto
To inform others of the result of the tests.