Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

P3D v5 - how is VRAM handling now?

3 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Just in case: if you had the 737NGXu for P3Dv4, you don't need to buy it again for v5.

I don’t Tony. I’ve had the 737NGX for the last two years. I’m hoping the VC is optimised for 4K.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I hope not Marcus. It's a stressful time getting everything into a new sim and ironing out problems.

I have to buy a new version of SimStarterNG plus Active Sky and the PMDG737NGXu. Just as well I haven't been able to spend any money during the pandemic!

Yes indeed. I recall how many days a spent installing my add-ons. Think about how to set up. How to split drives. How to name drives......and and and.....

With XML method is also a bit cumbersome. Here is where the simple MSFS method shines (not wanna start a P3D VS MSFS thing here). 

But v5 Truesky is really nice. LM will have to enhance it....but I am pretty sure they will do that. Would be a shame if not. 

🙂

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

34 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

With XML method is also a bit cumbersome. Here is where the simple MSFS method shines (not wanna start a P3D VS MSFS thing here). 

But v5 Truesky is really nice. LM will have to enhance it....but I am pretty sure they will do that. Would be a shame if not. 

I prefer to have control over when my sim is updated. I’m sure the centralised system helps many in MSFS but it’s not as though I’m doing this big job every few months. Lorby’s Addon Organiser helps enormously.

I’ve turned off TS preferring to use ASCA and Active Sky.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I prefer to have control over when my sim is updated. I’m sure the centralised system helps many in MSFS

I think we misunderstood. I also like to update the core sim myself. Here I prefer P3Ds method.

I meant the addon installation method in MSFS is simple. Just everything in a community directory.....that's what I like. No layering issues, put it in or take it out of that directory. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

@mpo910, I was referring to the forced updates of MSFS. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather