Sign in to follow this  
FlightNono

updated data GNS 530 and GNS 430

I just bought the GNS 530 and 430 from Realsimgear which directed me to Xp reality GNS 530 and 430.
So I bought the 2 software but once installed the database is from 2009 I saw several tutorials to update them but impossible to do, I looked at the one of the GTN 750 but I do not have the same files

So how I can do to update the GNS 530 and 430 otherwise they won't really help me even if it's for Prepar3D being PPL(A) I need the Airacs up to date and even be able to regularly update the data

Do you have a way to update with recent data as $100 for nothing !!!! plus realsimgear's $800 !!!!!

Waiting to read you
Arnaud

Hi,

I'd suggest you begin with the dedicated discussion, starting with the recommended posts:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

59 minutes ago, FlightNono said:

Do you have a way to update with recent data as $100 for nothing !!!! plus realsimgear's $800 !!!!!

As a current Flight Instructor, I think you're placing too much emphasis on the database. Follow the advice given by @RXP to update it as far as you can, but in terms of training the nav data for a PPL should not be that important. You haven't wasted your money, as you are learning to use the GNS.

• Like 1

David Porrett

3 hours ago, FlightNono said:

So how I can do to update the GNS 530 and 430

Sent you a PM.. 😉

• Like 2

Bert

11 hours ago, DavidP said:

As a current Flight Instructor, I think you're placing too much emphasis on the database. Follow the advice given by @RXP to update it as far as you can, but in terms of training the nav data for a PPL should not be that important. You haven't wasted your money, as you are learning to use the GNS.

update made, it's just the procedure that I was missing, it's not the investment I'm even ready to do it again because as a pilot especially on Paris the areas often change and in 10 years it has nothing to do!!! with JDM

Best regards

Arnaud

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

I'd suggest you begin with the dedicated discussion, starting with the recommended posts:

Thanks you