Sign in to follow this  
anitelite

cj4 mod

I've been flying the very excellent modified CJ4 version 8 i think and was doing fine until the last update.  Now about 20+ minutes into any flight, sim pauses briefly, sputters, and then the crash.  Is there a modified cj4 that came in after the last mod that doesnt crash?

V10 is the current one and I’ve been flying it nonstop the last 3 days with no problems.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

There is a more current beta you might try that one

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.10.3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

well...i may have been overly hasty.....i just tried the same exact flight in the unmodified tbm and got the same behavior at around the same time and flight level....i don't think i ever saw this before the last major update.  Is this peculiar to my machine? 

yep....starting to look like its my machine, although I'm surprised its just now showing up after this 3rd sim update.   I'll pull my settings back again and see what happens. 

There have been reports of some scenery related crashes that crash in the same spot for multiple people and need to be submitted to Zendesk.  This is repeatable (fly the same flight plan and it crashes about the same spot, fly the reverse of that flight plan and it crashes in the same sport, etc) If you provide GPS coordinates someone might be willing to check it out.  Any scenery mods?

Edit:  I see now you said "any flight", so I'm assuming this probably hasn't happening at the same location in space every time.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Well....after three more trial flights, I'm sorry to report that the behavior occurs with all airplanes and all routes.  So....either I have a problem with the program itself, or a hardware issue with my box.  What puzzles me however is that this is just now showing up after the 3rd update. 

Anyway....my plan now is to upgrade the box with a new MB/CPU and GPU at some point in the near future unless anyone else has a better suggestion.

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions.

18 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

There is a more current beta you might try that one

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.10.3

Maybe this new beta is just temporary, as Asobo is expecting to eliminate the flaps/lift issues introduced after the latest WU3 in the upcoming Sim Update, right?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Try emptying the community folder of all addons before doing anything drastic. 

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Ding Ding.....we have a winner !  turnandbank appears to have solved the immediate issue.  With the community folder empty i flew the default cj4 (not the modded one...grrr....) for over 2 hours without so much as a pause. 

So perhaps tomorrow, I'll bring in only the latest cj4 mod into the community folder and start again....If I can fly the modded cj4, then I'll leave the community folder alone for a while.

Again, many many thanks for all the suggestions.