Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

All FSX Captain Sim Aircraft - one day sale $9.99

Hello Folks;

Just in case anyone is interested Captain Sim Captain Sim – Online Store has a one day sale only (24th. Feb 2021) on all FSX products for $9.99 US. For die hard FSX users like myself I certainly can't resist. I have got PMDG 747-400 & -8, iFLY 400  and QW 787. I certainly can't go wrong by spending $9.99 to  add their 777 to my fleet which looks pretty good. Shocks, I can't even get a beer for $9.99 where I live in NYC. 

Cheers.

Forshaw.

• Upvote 2

I tried twice today to go to the CaptSim Store website listed above - both times my malware protection blocked it for a possible Trojan?

4 hours ago, overspeed3 said:

I tried twice today to go to the CaptSim Store website listed above - both times my malware protection blocked it for a possible Trojan?

You have to add the web site to the software's exclusion list.  It is a legit company and the connection to its store is secure.  I'm wondering if the web site got flagged because it has downloads.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

7 hours ago, forshaw said:

I have got PMDG 747-400 & -8, iFLY 400  and QW 787. I certainly can't go wrong by spending $9.99 to  add their 777 to my fleet which looks pretty good. Shocks, I can't even get a beer for $9.99 where I live in NYC. 

Hi,

You will get a 777 that looks the part but, if you are used to PMDG, iFly and QW aircraft you might find yourself getting frustrated with the systems on the CS 777. I certainly did when I bought it some years ago and, if I remember correctly, the flight dynamics also left a bit to be desired. As fellow die-hard FSX user I have acquired many CS aircraft in sales over the years but the only ones I occasionally fly now are their C-130, 737-200 and 707. The CS 777 was eventually retired to my virtual boneyard and replaced by the PMDG version after a lot of agonising over the cost of the latter which would have bought me about 20 pints of beer here in the U.K.! 

Bill

I just bought their whole Boeing 700 series fleet from Captain Sim as I still enjoy FSX in VR.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

12 hours ago, scianoir said:

Hi,

You will get a 777 that looks the part but, if you are used to PMDG, iFly and QW aircraft you might find yourself getting frustrated with the systems on the CS 777. I certainly did when I bought it some years ago and, if I remember correctly, the flight dynamics also left a bit to be desired. As fellow die-hard FSX user I have acquired many CS aircraft in sales over the years but the only ones I occasionally fly now are their C-130, 737-200 and 707. The CS 777 was eventually retired to my virtual boneyard and replaced by the PMDG version after a lot of agonising over the cost of the latter which would have bought me about 20 pints of beer here in the U.K.! 

Bill

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it. I tried to find reviews on the product but couldn't find any. Yes the model looks good and I was hoping that the flight dynamics would be good, but given your experience I am going to  pass. If I bought it without knowing then it wouldn't have been too bad because it's only $10.00; but since I know it wouldn't make sense knowing i wouldn't like it and not use it. I'll continue flying my PMDG, iFLY and QW. It's still a good fleet to keep my occupied.

Sorry, you had to find out the hard way, yeah you could have gotten drunk on the money you spent.

BTW: $10.00 could have gotten me a Pint or two when I lived in London 15 years ago, not now.

Cheers.

Forshaw.

$10 is equal to about R145 in South African Rand. With that I can buy 12 beers at our local wholesaler, and perhaps 5 beers at the average restaurant over here.

Can't even consider PMDG aircraft, as that will equate to around 100 to 150 beers for us 😲.

Edited by rooitou
  • Like 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Same as here, Rooitou: I purchased the 777 for P3D two weeks ago... worth 100 beers in a pub here. Since I take half an hour for a pint, this means I need to fly this bird 50 hours until is paid off hahaha.

Back to topic: since I left FSX (too buggy when compared with P3D4), the only CS plane I'm interested is the 767, because it's the only one available for P3D. I'll wait for a good sale and more reviews.

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.