Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

T2G KIND Indianapolis Released 20210224

Has T2G said anything about the low FPS people seem to be getting? I want to get this but the perf issues are a red flag...

Got KIND today and just finished a KIAD-KIND. It's not often that I do a US domestic flight ; I confess that the landscape was a bit boring on this one. Hey don't we me wrong, I like a lot the US 🙂

The scenery is great and it's T2G usual quality. I feel the texture are somewhat improved compared to older sceneries by T2G. 

I'm happy with KIND on my P3Dv4.5. And also happy to support a developer that keep supporting us, P3D users 😍

Regarding fps, my approach on the 32 was fluid. During taxi I noticed some fps hit at times during quick turns towards part of the scenery with lots of objects. But during straight taxi at normal speed, I did not notice anything particular. I have an old i7 4670K, GTX 1080, 32 Gb, P3D settings 3/4 or full to the right. All in all, compared to other sceneries by T2G, FlyTampa or FB, I cannot say this one is a fps killer.

ZLrWn.jpg

- TONY -

On 2/25/2021 at 2:59 AM, micstatic said:

One issue I noticed is that the 3D grass is so tall it obstructs many of the taxiway signs. Anybody else?

From external view the grass looks a bit tall indeed.

But from a B737 deck, that did not annoy me.

- TONY -

12 minutes ago, Simicro said:

From external view the grass looks a bit tall indeed.

But from a B737 deck, that did not annoy me.

I think it’s been fixed a little in the update 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

from their Facebook page:

Hi, here it is an improvement on performance for KIND.....
  • Like 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I have an issue when panning taxi lines get different coloration. Any idea?

GiTrcnB.jpg

Edited by Johnny19

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Thanks micstatic for the info and the direct links. Premium service 😉

Actually after my earlier post, I realized that I had a fps hit that was not negligible, that was solved by the T2G fix.

Thanks T2G Team.

- TONY -

As one of the ones who got the FPS fox to test, for me it solved all performance issues! However, in the version I got last the taxiway signs would disappear at certain viewing directions at certain positions and I suggested that this performance-enhancing adaptation would be rolled back for the taxiway signs, leaving it for the grass only. Was that done for the final patch that is publicly available now?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

As one of the ones who got the FPS fox to test, for me it solved all performance issues! However, in the version I got last the taxiway signs would disappear at certain viewing directions at certain positions and I suggested that this performance-enhancing adaptation would be rolled back for the taxiway signs, leaving it for the grass only. Was that done for the final patch that is publicly available now?

I just purchased from Simmarket and installed. My taxiway signs also disappear at certain viewing angles and heights. If at night, this means that the taxiway centerline lighting disappears too.

15 hours ago, Bigt said:

I just purchased from Simmarket and installed. My taxiway signs also disappear at certain viewing angles and heights. If at night, this means that the taxiway centerline lighting disappears too.

Not sure why the taxiway centerline would disappear? They are not in the same bgl file as the taxiway signs for all I know, so they should behave the same way as the edge lighting. (Haven't tested it though)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I was a bit on the fence on whether I should get it, but I pulled the triggered today. I must say I am very impressed by the amount of detail and good textures throughout this airport. I have all their P3Dv4 sceneries and KIND is certainly their best so far, significantly raising the bar. If they bring their P3Dv4 sceneries to P3Dv5 to this standards, as seen on the latest LFPG preview, it would be very good news! Keep it up T2G!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

On 2/26/2021 at 6:25 PM, w6kd said:

Open KIND_AF.bgl in ADE.
Select Tools -> Remove Stock Data (this removes any old excludes of FSX/P3D1-4 stock objects)
Select Tools -> Load Stock Data, tick the boxes for Scenery Objects and Taxi Signs, then Import (this brings in all the default buildings and taxi signs)
Select Lists -> Scenery Objects and mass-select all objects where the value of "Is Stock" is True, then delete (this deletes the stock objects and creates micro-excludes for each one of them)
Select Lists -> Taxi Signs and mass-select all the signs where the value of "Is Stock" is True, then delete

And while you have the file open in ADE, change the gate number of gate_B 26 to Gate_B 15 so it matches the scenery and SODE definitions.

Save the airport (File -> Save Airport)
Compile the airport (File -> Compile Airport)
rename KIND_AF.bgl to KIND_AF.bgl.OFF
Place the ADE file you created in the same folder as KIND_AF.bgl.OFF

Does anyone know if this fixes the AFCAD parking issue in P3DV4. I installed the update but still see very few spots available especially in cargo on a particularly busy airport.

Anybody able to update the AFCAD for this thing?  I've got a ton of FEDEX birds at the gates.  I assume it's because there aren't enough cargo spaces 😞

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with the install issue I'm having? I just purchased this airport last night but having issues installing. I downloaded the 3 required files, put them inside a folder placed on my desktop. I get the following error. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyigwzqbownw183/error.jpg?dl=0

I keeps asking for a file I don't have and when trying to rename one of the files to what it's asking for I get a message the file is corrupt so I change back to the original name and still stuck. I re-downloaded the 3 files again but get the same issue. Simmarket support isn't any help. We seem to go back and forth trying to solve the issue but chasing our tails instead.

Thanks for any help

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC