Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

T2G KIND Indianapolis Released 20210224

Yes, I needed to download the SDK. 

I would think since it was relatively straightforward to fix with ADE I agree that a hotfix might (hopefully) be fairly quick coming.

And I will add it was nice, while getting ready to depart from Indy on my makebelieve flight to Vegas, to look inside the terminal and see the airport bar where I pregame on my real life flights to Vegas 😄

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

I saw on T2G Facebook page a fix might be out tomorrow.  He says he has also been emailing out fixes, but I submitted a complete request with a picture and purchase info and have not received any reply.

• Like 1

Joe Lorenc

On 2/24/2021 at 7:59 PM, micstatic said:

One issue I noticed is that the 3D grass is so tall it obstructs many of the taxiway signs. Anybody else?

Yep, this is about my only complaint with the scenery. That, and they didn't include the old white 727 that sits there on what used to be the old 23R next to taxiway H. In the real world, the Indianapolis Airport Authority keeps the airfield looking like a golf course!

Edited by bbain1187
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

i don't know anything about scenery development.  Would it be difficult to fix the grass?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 hours ago, micstatic said:

i don't know anything about scenery development.  Would it be difficult to fix the grass?

There maybe a scenery option to deselect the grass.

If this is an object, one could try to replace it with one from another scenery. But as far as I know, the grass is always much longer than on a golf course. It was better to disable it. If there's no setup, it may be an object in the scenery directory. If it's not obviously named grass.bgl, I always load bgls into ModelconverterX to see what it is. If the file is found and contains only the object to remove, just rename the file to .off.

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Update from T2G regarding v5 fix and v4 version release:

Hi, the scenery for v5 and v4 is ready, just wait to receive a notification from simmarket for the new installer who already buy it, anyway i will make the announcement for those who didnt buy yet.
This is updated version of KIND (Version1.0) that fixes:

- Exclusion for default buildings and taxisigns.
- SODE jetways not working at some gates
- Ground gate marking "B373"
- An interior terminal area layer problem
- Interior terminal object going out from window
- Runway lights
- Add V4 version

For installation, we suggest to unistall your previous KIND and then go to your Scenery library and check if you see something related to KIND and if you see something just remove from library and then go to your new installation.
You need to download 3 files into a folder
"TAXI2GATE_KIND-V1_P3DV4V5.exe"
"TAXI2GATE_KIND-V1_P3DV4V5-1.bin"
"TAXI2GATE_KIND-V1_P3DV4V5-2.bin"
then run as administartor "TAXI2GATE_KIND-V1_P3DV4V5.exe"

Enjoy

Kind Regards,

Peter

FYI the new installer is showing in my SimMarket account - downloading now . . .

• Upvote 1

Joe Lorenc

3 hours ago, Joe L said:

FYI the new installer is showing in my SimMarket account - downloading now . . .

Looks like the grass still needs mowing. But it looks like they did remove some of the grass around the runway signs.

Edited by Indy511
  • Like 2

The guidance we used in the Air Force for grass height was 7-14 inches, driven by BASH (Bird Air Strike Hazard) program regulations.  Shorter than 7 inches encourages feather-borne FOD.

Good to see T2G fixing this in a timely manner.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I'm on P3Dv5.1 and I'm using the updated scenery. This is a clean install of the scenery as I opted to wait for the update to begin with. I have no other KIND installed. I'm testing with the default F35 and F22. Does anybody else get inexplicably bad performance at T2G's KIND? I have no idea why, but the file containing the grass, signs and lights (IND-LIB-GR.BGL) appears to causing me unacceptable FPS drops. Mind you, FlightBeam's KMSP, DD's KSEA and RJAA all work with a solid 30FPS. With P3Dv5 I can finally fly into KLAX and KJFK and have acceptable performance, with full city sceneries and AI. Also FT's EHAM with OrbX TE NL can count on acceptable performance. I have no idea what's wrong with T2G's KIND that it should perform so badly.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Clean install of the updated KIND much better no problems.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

13 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I'm on P3Dv5.1 and I'm using the updated scenery. This is a clean install of the scenery as I opted to wait for the update to begin with. I have no other KIND installed. I'm testing with the default F35 and F22. Does anybody else get inexplicably bad performance at T2G's KIND? I have no idea why, but the file containing the grass, signs and lights (IND-LIB-GR.BGL) appears to causing me unacceptable FPS drops. Mind you, FlightBeam's KMSP, DD's KSEA and RJAA all work with a solid 30FPS. With P3Dv5 I can finally fly into KLAX and KJFK and have acceptable performance, with full city sceneries and AI. Also FT's EHAM with OrbX TE NL can count on acceptable performance. I have no idea what's wrong with T2G's KIND that it should perform so badly.

I am in the same boat as you.  I have a killer system, top of the line and can run any scenery with no problems.  This one is terrible on performance.  Don't know what is causing it. 

System: P3D v5.3HF2 , Intel i9-9900K o/c to 5.1Ghz, Nvidia ASUSGeForce RTX RTX 3090 24GB,  MPG Z390 Gamng Edge mobo, 64Gb G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit

I don't use Facebook, so if anybody has news on the version for V4, please post here. It would be much appreciated.

- TONY -

5 hours ago, Simicro said:

I don't use Facebook, so if anybody has news on the version for V4, please post here. It would be much appreciated.

The V4 installer is out per the their Facebook and the listing at Simmarket seems to have been adjusted to reflect that as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1