Sign in to follow this  
DylanC

PMDG Pre-Release Live Stream w/Chewwy

As the title indicates, Chewwy doing a live stream right now of the PMDG 777 Pre-Release version.  Link is here:

https://www.twitch.tv/chewwy94

• Like 2

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I've been waiting for a streamer to stream it. 

Sad Froogle has slowed down his releases (hopefully temporarily). I love his videos and would have loved him walking through the beta. 

Watched it for a bit, but it became annoying to listen. I’ll watch it later and skip unnecessary  stuff 

• Like 3

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Couldn't they get a real T7 pilot for the stream? 😕

Looks like you can't even go back in the stream/video on Twitch, what a fantastic platform!

• Like 3

I like chewy but I don’t really like twitch. You tube is more than fine for me 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

i have a 9 year old nephew.  I begrudingly bought him a  nintendo switch for christmas with a mario cart game.  He said to me "ahh mario kart, theres these guys on the internet that are pro racers on twitch"

Im dreading, and I mean dreading the day he ask's me for pocket money to donate to these chumps to be a super subscriber or whatever this rubbish is called.  Thats why i have no time for this twitch silliness

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

lol what a cranky old bunch on here.  It was cool to see the new -200ER in action.  Been waiting for that one for years.  

• Like 4

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

17 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

i have a 9 year old nephew.  I begrudingly bought him a  nintendo switch for christmas with a mario cart game.  He said to me "ahh mario kart, theres these guys on the internet that are pro racers on twitch"

Im dreading, and I mean dreading the day he ask's me for pocket money to donate to these chumps to be a super subscriber or whatever this rubbish is called.  Thats why i have no time for this twitch silliness

100%

I never understood why people spend money to watch Chewwy (or others) stream flight sim when they can simply go sim themselves. 

I will say the one exception to this is when you have a new aircraft that's in beta like this is. Sort of like a preview video.

However, this is why I liked Froogle or others who post "preview" videos and not "come watch me fly" videos. Froogle would do a 10-20 minute beta preview with "here's the aircraft, here's what's new. here's some neat features." Always loved that content from him and would have loved it for the -200ER beta. 

But yeah, the Chewwy steam of people just watching him fly an entire route? No thanks. I watched for 10 mins to just get some visuals of the aircraft and then turned it off. 

• Like 5

It's a marketing effort. Not surprised they chose him. If he can fly it, anyone else probably can. 😆 That's what they are trying to show in all likelihood, in the hopes of higher sales. I'm sure the 777 will get the valuation and representation it deserves once it's out.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

lol what a cranky old bunch on here.  It was cool to see the new -200ER in action.  Been waiting for that one for years.  

Yeah, I get that Chewwy's sub notifications can get annoying but people in this thread can't even seem to fathom why people are on Twitch to begin with. Communities form around games. Some players are very good at said game. So, you decide to watch someone who is good at doing something. This is not a foreign concept. It's like asking someone watching a football game on TV, "Why don't you just play the game instead?"

Now, I personally find flightsim streams specifically pretty boring, but I do enjoy Blackbox's stream. And any other real-world pilot streaming through Twitch. 

16 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Yeah, I get that Chewwy's sub notifications can get annoying but people in this thread can't even seem to fathom why people are on Twitch to begin with. Communities form around games. Some players are very good at said game. So, you decide to watch someone who is good at doing something. This is not a foreign concept. It's like asking someone watching a football game on TV, "Why don't you just play the game instead?"

This is a sort of a lazy analogy. If I watch a football match, I'm watching Ronaldo vs Messi play with the Champions League title on the line. 

By your analogy, watching streamers like Chewwy is like watching an amateur beer-league football match in suburban Philadelphia. 

For other streamers (like ranked chess players or the best of the best gamers in the world at games like Starcraft or whatever), I can (almost) understand.

Flight Sim streamers (99% of them) have never piloted a 777 so I don't need to spend time watching them slam one into the ground and say "oh man, greased it!"

Edited by DChockey08
  • Like 1

It's called customer engagement.
Don't forget, most people on Avsim weren't the target audience for the Chewwy Twitch stream.

You use different channels to drive potential sales. Some people love a full flight with a character like Chewwy, some will see a brief clip or pictures on reddit, others will chat about it on forums, FSElite (or equivalent news sites) will sway a few more, and some will always buy from PMDG, so long as the features list is to their liking.
Apologies for mentioning that other sim here, however, remind yourselves of who was asked to cover the MSFS preview event back in Autumn 2019 - there was a spectrum.

I managed to time it just right to see departure and arrival. That was plenty for me.
Suffice to say, I'll be getting the -200ER expansion based on a combination of sources.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I don't know what kind of marketing effort is this, in my opinion, a bad one.
I wonder why they didn't get a real 777 pilot in the beta team to show a good preflight, a short flight like this one, less than one hour, a real showcase of the product.
All I got is an individual completely out of the loop with no knowledge of flows, no logical sequence of doing things, constant talking to people online, constantly changing views to the point of getting dizzy.  Jumping from one task to another while is still talking to the people and forgets what he was doing, going back and force between menus...
I noticed still issues with tracking in lateral navigation and depiction of the magenta line and some hiccups with the autopilot, even is before release these problems shouldn't be like that. I was hoping that after so many years of acknowledging the issues that all will be fixed.
Very disappointing at least to say.
Edited by killthespam
  • Like 9

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I'm more interested in traditional preview/review a la Froogle. And not into 1 hour or more streaming a la gaming sauce.

I watched 5 min the Chewwy streaming and quited.

I'm a noob with Twitch: yesterday I saw that:

1) people can send donation?

2) and also user X 'did' something to user Y (sorry I don't recall the words displayed on the screen): what is it?

Edited by Simicro
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

- TONY -