Sign in to follow this  
EmaRacing

Plane floats forever

Is it only me or in some conditions, the 208 floats waay too much?

I had passengers on FSE, 60% fuel on board, flying into 15kts wind, flaps 1 notch down, power off, the thing didn't want to descend, I could've soared for HOURS if I didn't put the nose down and full flaps, and even then, the ground effect was so strong at close to stall speed that I had to pitch down again, even if I already was in the red zone of the IAS. 

What is wrong with it? It's almost as it has no weight when descending, but climbing acts as normal, almost on the overweight feeling if anything. 

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

16 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Ah ok thanks, I won't tinker with cfg files though.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Why not?  30 sec job just backup the original file.  Either that or your flight sim is a floating sim until the next sim update 👍

Thomas Derbyshire

5 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Why not?  30 sec job just backup the original file.  Either that or your flight sim is a floating sim until the next sim update 👍

Yes, this is a very easy fix to implement. Plus, when the fix from Asobo comes, it will simply overwrite and replace your changed file. Your choice, of course...

Ken

There is a fix you can put in the Community folder.  No CFG editing required.  Of course this only works for stock aircraft, if you have mod aircraft (Robert's Turbo Bonanaza, GotGravel's planes etc) you have to go fix those manually.  Also doesn't work for the Premium Deluxe aircraft.

https://flightsim.to/file/8437/world-update-iii-flap-lift-community-hotfix-standard-edition

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I don't understand about the mod aircraft needing a change. Are you saying I have to change the cfg file for the stock Bonanaza, if I'm using the Turbo mod? Doesn't the turbo mod address the flaps settings? Or do I have to change the cfg file for the mod? How could that have been changed by the update?

Sorry to be so thick, I'm just trying to get it straight.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikegrr said:

I don't understand about the mod aircraft needing a change. Are you saying I have to change the cfg file for the stock Bonanaza, if I'm using the Turbo mod? Doesn't the turbo mod address the flaps settings? Or do I have to change the cfg file for the mod? How could that have been changed by the update?

Sorry to be so thick, I'm just trying to get it straight.

Actually this is a good question.  For the aircraft mods do we edit the cfg file in the official folder or the modded community folder??

Thomas Derbyshire

For modded aircraft in the Community folder, the flight model .cfg file in the mods folder inside the Community folder is what drives.

The way that the sim "interprets" the contents of the .cfg files is broken right now.  So the .cfg files for mods before this issue are now wrong.

So for any modded aircraft where the mod creator has not released a specific update for this issue (very important, safe to assume any mod that was last updated before the 2/16 doesn't have a fix) you need to go into the .cfg in the community folder and manually implement a fix yourself.

I added '_ukflapsfix' to the end of the folder names inside the community folder and fixed 4 of the mods I use the most.

You'll also probably need to reverse this after the next Asobo patch, and any mods authors that built the fix into releases will need to release yet another version.

I was actually starting to develop an aircraft mod of my own, but I'm pretty discouraged now by this entire thing.

Edited by marsman2020

So I checked out the Turbo Bonanza and the aircraft.cfg does not have lift_coef_flaps. Does this mean I have to change the original Bonanza  cfg with the lift_coef_flaps setting?

Just now, mikegrr said:

So I checked out the Turbo Bonanza and the aircraft.cfg does not have lift_coef_flaps. Does this mean I have to change the original Bonanza  cfg with the lift_coef_flaps setting?

It's in the flight model .cfg, not aircraft.cfg.  Divide the existing value by 2, and it flies great. 

The Kingair 350 is the same and needs tweaking.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg