Sign in to follow this  
jorandp

Just out of curiosity

How many flight simmers use the time acceleration feature when flying?I personally don't but I'm just curious of how many do.

>How many flight simmers use the time acceleration feature>when flying?>>I personally don't but I'm just curious of how many do. Not really being one for long flights, I can't remember the last time I've used it.

I use it all the time, mostly for flights over 500nm.Usually I'm 1x to cruise then accelerated rate till about 300nm from the destination, then I do the rest of the flight at 1x.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I will use it on long (>1000 nm) flights, but never more than 4x as I don't want to mess up AI or ActiveSky.I'll use it on a shorter flight only if I really need to get things done quickly, like when my house is burning down and I need to think about putting out the fire, or keep flying FS.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Most of my flights are short but I do use up to 4X at cruise with AP on. On 12-hour flights with the 747 even 4X means hours so I might go up to 8X, but obviously weather and traffic are lost at that point. It is more realistic to leave it on 1X, but if I do that then I watch a movie, go to bed and land the plane in the morning, which isn't too realistic either (for the pilot anyway).

I never use it. I always prefer real-time flying.I do most of my flights within europe, longest flytime time is never more than 4 hours, when I wish to visit the sunny canary islands, or try a dawn landing in Cairo (magic)....When I wish to do a long distance flight, I still use real time.Sometime, after dense negotiations with wife and son, to negotiate necessary FS slots (smile), I depart Bangkok on Saturday evening (europe time 20h00), take off and reach cruising altitude FLl330-350, and leave the plane on flight plan. Then I spend the evening and night with family, and, thanks to wakeup call, when all family still sleeping, I take over the plane over austria, for an early landing in Switzerland Sunday morning (07h00 local), real time is more fun !Just want to take the occassion to wish you all and your family happy christimas and new year.PatrickGeneva, Geneva

The only time I've ever used time acceleration is when I'm testing "timer code" in a gauge... ;)For example, an oxygen gauge has a three hour supply. I don't feel like watching the oxygen depletion over a three hour period, so I speed things up 64x... :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JIMJAM

All the time. If the game did not have it, I would rarely even fly much.

I allways use it on long flights, i tried once to fly from TNCM to EKCH without time acceleration, but after 2 hours i found it rediculous :D .

I use it for long flights AND I have discovered that it greatly increases FSX framerates! Try 8X for some blazing FPS!(j/k)