Sign in to follow this  
matrosov

Captain Sim 757-67 vs Flight Factor?

I am slowly getting fed up with heavier boeings in xplane and switching over to PMDG 747-777 and QW787 in P3D to get the best of both worlds.  Now I have 757-767 by flight factor in XP and eyeing captain sim models in P3D.  Those of  you who have both how do they compare same or is captain sim a PMDG like comparing to FF? I am not really concerned with 3D modelling a lot more concerned with systems modelling and how they fly.  

Edited by matrosov

I can't really answer your question since I don't flight the FF but do/did fly the PMDG 737 in v4 and CS 757 in v5 and I would consider the CS to be in the same high level quality as PMDG but that's my opinion. I just had a flight a few days ago and because of tinnitus I normally pump the vol for the engines using the cargo Rolls Royce RB210-535C version and have to say that it's quite amazing. CS has had quite a few updates for it and for the Flight dynamics wise it's quite similar. There isn't really a CS757 cargo vid on YT to do it justice IMO. Again though all of that is subjective and my opinion.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

No hands on FF either, but I don't say CS is same level as PMDG

The flight dynamic is quite off from the Real performance table, but still flyable, VNAV is broken, but OK on that if you use FLCH.

The system depth is quite good, much better than QW787, and on some system it might similar to PMDG/FSL level, but strangely, there is no failure simulation, that makes these system (like fire protection system) almost useless in normal flight...

FF757/767 has a more comprehensive systems simulation (including custom malfunction options), but CS looks better graphically.

• Upvote 1

Ok so by looks of it it is in the same boat as FF something that could've been great but ended up being stuck at mediocre.  I'd say that broken vnav is a pretty big deal on a 100 dollar plane. My issues in FF is LNAV mostly and vnav occasionally randomly skipped waypoints skipoped approaches., skipped TOD's Nothing that totally breaks stuff but something that after 3 years of flying annoyed me enough to be  pushed me into P3D space and into the cockpit of PMDG 747 and QW 787 and now I'm waiting for T7 to get released.  Big culture shock in terms of platform. But those three are well worth it.   Thanks  a lot for your input guys.  I might have to skip on CS 67 as much as I wanted to fly a proper 67 bird. 

For a system guy like me, captain sim products are always overprice. So used to the level of FSL and PMDG.

• Upvote 1

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5