Sign in to follow this  
DAD

FBW neo // flightpath not shown on left but on right MCDU?

Pilots, will try to upload a picture later but what just strived me again is that when entering a flighplan via FMS, especially selecting DEP rwy and later ARR rwy then the flightplan is not shown as green line on the pilot's left MCDU, only showing the path from at around DECEL point. However, the full plan is sometimes still shown on the right co-pilot's MCDU. So I wonder whether this is an MSFS or FBW limitation or whether I do something wrong? When I just flew  KDAL-KEYW the green path was shown on right MCDU only while right now I am cruising EDDK-EGLC and the green path is shown on neither MCDU.

What I usually do is starting a VFR flight (DIR to destination) from the world map and then load a Simbrief plan first via flyPad and then via FMS in the neo. Until then the plan is correctly shown as green line on both MCDUs but as soon as I select DEP rwy and/or ARR rwy on the FMS then the green line on the left MDCU disappears and only starts at around TOD/DECEL.

Your DAD

EDIT

Into KEYW:

Screenshot-290.png

Into EGLC:

Screenshot-291.png

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

9 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

They do have a discord for your needs. Why keep bringing it up here.?https://docs.flybywiresim.com

just asking. sorry. so this is an MSFS limitation?

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Yes sir  not trying to be rude but that link I posted is more informational, Happy flying

Edited by jbdbow1970

15 minutes ago, DAD said:

just asking. sorry. so this is an MSFS limitation?

Yes they and MSFS are going to fix the problem. It just takes time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Yes they and MSFS are going to fix the problem. It just takes time.

good to know, then it's not me

Phil Leaven

3 minutes ago, DAD said:

good to know, then it's not me

Nope not you just follow their discord the link I've posted. they will be happy for questions, and input. It helped me out tremedously. 

Edited by jbdbow1970

just wait for the custom flightplan, I think it solves this issue

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I've seen this happen as well when I select the approach - usually when I'm in the air already.

I normally select the departure airport only with no destination and load the flight plan from simbrief in the MCDU.

The last few flights I did were with the aircraft starting on the runway. Going to see if a cold and dark start makes any difference.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

4 hours ago, DAD said:

Pilots, will try to upload a picture later but what just strived me again is that when entering a flighplan via FMS, especially selecting DEP rwy and later ARR rwy then the flightplan is not shown as green line on the pilot's left MCDU, only showing the path from at around DECEL point. However, the full plan is sometimes still shown on the right co-pilot's MCDU. So I wonder whether this is an MSFS or FBW limitation or whether I do something wrong? When I just flew  KDAL-KEYW the green path was shown on right MCDU only while right now I am cruising EDDK-EGLC and the green path is shown on neither MCDU.

What I usually do is starting a VFR flight (DIR to destination) from the world map and then load a Simbrief plan first via flyPad and then via FMS in the neo. Until then the plan is correctly shown as green line on both MCDUs but as soon as I select DEP rwy and/or ARR rwy on the FMS then the green line on the left MDCU disappears and only starts at around TOD/DECEL.

Your DAD

EDIT

Into KEYW:

Screenshot-290.png

Into EGLC:

Screenshot-291.png

Thanks for sharing.  Although discords "may" be helpful, I find them cumbersome and hard to follow. 

Isn't the point of this forum to ask the very questions you did?  If you figure it out, please do post as I have had similar problems with flight plans, 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JSmith2112 said:

I've seen this happen as well when I select the approach - usually when I'm in the air already.

I normally select the departure airport only with no destination and load the flight plan from simbrief in the MCDU.

The last few flights I did were with the aircraft starting on the runway. Going to see if a cold and dark start makes any difference.

What happens when you select the SID?  I always get this weird User that has me at like 500 feet and then a bunch of "s.  

I always have a hard time getting the flight plan in correctly.  I wish the SIDs/STARS would load automatically and properly link with ATC.  Sigh...

3 hours ago, knich said:

What happens when you select the SID?  I always get this weird User that has me at like 500 feet and then a bunch of "s.  

I always have a hard time getting the flight plan in correctly.  I wish the SIDs/STARS would load automatically and properly link with ATC.  Sigh...

I've been ignoring SIDs, at least for my recent flights so haven't seen this issue.

Just flew Dallas to Houston using a Simbrief flight plan and left selecting an arrival until the MCDU actually asked for it and the flight went smoothly. Weather was overcast but the ILS was spot on.

On an earlier flight I saw the old "return to departure airport" flight plan weirdness where the aircraft wants to make a 180 degree turn back to where you just took off from. Apparently this is a known issue with the mod and the recommended workaround to use a "direct to" to a further waypoint.

I haven't seen the issue that DAD describes today but I have seen it before, No idea what triggers it or even if it's supposed to be realistic behaviour.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

6 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

I've been ignoring SIDs, at least for my recent flights so haven't seen this issue.

Just flew Dallas to Houston using a Simbrief flight plan and left selecting an arrival until the MCDU actually asked for it and the flight went smoothly. Weather was overcast but the ILS was spot on.

On an earlier flight I saw the old "return to departure airport" flight plan weirdness where the aircraft wants to make a 180 degree turn back to where you just took off from. Apparently this is a known issue with the mod and the recommended workaround to use a "direct to" to a further waypoint.

I haven't seen the issue that DAD describes today but I have seen it before, No idea what triggers it or even if it's supposed to be realistic behaviour.

How does the MCDU ask for arrival?  Do is just pop up or is it coming from ATC?

20 minutes ago, knich said:

How does the MCDU ask for arrival?

check my second pic when inbound EGLC, the FMS popup shows ENTER DEST DATA

• Like 1

Phil Leaven