Sign in to follow this  
Cloudpiercing

Mapping Honecomb Bravo

......so, I'm scratching my head and struggling whit what the best way to map those seven switches on the throttle are. I'm setting the throttle up for GA flying and I would like to have at least Fuel pump, De-ice, Pitot Heat and Cowl flaps mapped if possible. And mayby also the tailwheel lock mapped. But most of those are toggle options so I'm guessing that mapping those to switches isn't a good idea? Would very much appreciate any inputs. And if any kind soul out here would like to share a XML file with a well thought out mapping, I would be forever grateful 😁

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

In my very limitted experience mapping those kind of switches are fine but it can be a bit wierd working out what you actually need to do.

Each of the seven switches on the Bravo can send two different button presses - one when it's turned on, the other when it's turned off.
For some things within MSFS you have separate on and off commands (eg Pitot Heat) so you map each command to the correct switch position, but for other commands (eg Parking Brake) you only have a "Set" commands so you just map that to ON side of the switch.

Best way of mapping Bravo is to use LINDA https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/424-linda/. Of course you need FSUIPC.

/Thomas

ESNN

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

2 hours ago, Cloudpiercing said:

Cowl flaps mapped if possible.

I have that mapped to flap selector, and I have indents from flap modster. Always when opening or closing the cowl flaps, but the lever back to centre. Otherwise it intimates the heading bug. 

Also,  I use vjoy and joystick gremlin to map mine. Alpha and bravo. Works perfect. Nothing too technical and it’s free. Plus you can save the profiles which is handy. 

Thank you guys 😄Will definitely check out if I find FS TOOL and VJOY more intuitive to use than what find  FSUIPC was back in the FSX days. But maybe I didn't gave FSUIPC enough time then.

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.