Sign in to follow this  
Rob1n

Is envshade worth it

Hi everyone! I knew before switching to p3d v5 that pta and tomatoshade weren't supported, but i recently found out that envshade is. So i was wondering if its worth it and if its as good as pta was in v4. 

It cost about $6 Euro, a bit more US....well worth it...

btw, I did not buy the other two TOGO add ons...

I use Envshade with AS and ASCA...good integration. I spent a couple of weeks with EA set to ON in P3D v.5.1. I generally liked it, except for the garish dawn and dusk red and orange colors. So, I am back without EA...still very happy.

Sherm

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shermank said:

It cost about $6 Euro, a bit more US....well worth it...

btw, I did not buy the other two TOGO add ons...

I use Envshade with AS and ASCA...good integration. I spent a couple of weeks with EA set to ON in P3D v.5.1. I generally liked it, except for the garish dawn and dusk red and orange colors. So, I am back without EA...still very happy.

Sherm

Yeah, earlier i was planning on getting envtex aswell but trhought that ea was kinda good until i saw the pixelated clouds and repeating patterns. Might pick that up aswell.

I use it with skyforce and AS in 5.1 it does add something that's for sure , and like been said I deleted envtex not because it's bad just didn't seem to add anything ( my opinion only ) 

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

41 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

I use it with skyforce and AS in 5.1 it does add something that's for sure , and like been said I deleted envtex not because it's bad just didn't seem to add anything ( my opinion only ) 

How do you set this up exactly? Is Skyforce compatible with v5.1? I still have the “old” Skyforce version installed into v5.1 and like to use its 2D cloud textures, and I usually install those manually. 

Is there a way to better integrate AS and Skyforce, and/or would I need a newer Skyforce version? If there is a way, I’ll probably go for envshade as well.

Thanks in advance, 

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

59 minutes ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

How do you set this up exactly? Is Skyforce compatible with v5.1? I still have the “old” Skyforce version installed into v5.1 and like to use its 2D cloud textures, and I usually install those manually. 

Is there a way to better integrate AS and Skyforce, and/or would I need a newer Skyforce version? If there is a way, I’ll probably go for envshade as well.

Thanks in advance, 

Pete

Hi Pete, Skyforce ist not compatible with 5.1... And i have the feeling it never will be....

Carsten U

31 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

Hi Pete, Skyforce ist not compatible with 5.1... And i have the feeling it never will be....

It is compatible with 5.1 you need to download the open public beta from their website.

2 hours ago, sonny147 said:

Same setup and works very well.

13 hours ago, Alexandre6463 said:

It is compatible with 5.1 you need to download the open public beta from their website.

Same setup and works very well.

When was this update published ? I did not even got an email on this

Carsten U

a few weeks ago now !

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +