Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

LNM does not start anymore - Need HELP

Out of a sudden, when I try to start LNM, I get a message window " flight plan has no valid start position ..." during the start up process then LNM shuts down before it does open. What can I do? I'm using the latest version (2.6.9.).

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Problem solved, by deleting the latest LNM flight plan. But I think this is a bug anyway. A  saved "wrong" plan should not cause such a severe issue.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

6 hours ago, Nemo said:

Problem solved, by deleting the latest LNM flight plan.

I have the same issue. How do you delete a flight plan if you cannot start the program?

Thanks,

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

You can find the plans in C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Little Navmap Files\Flight Plans.

I think I've found the real culprit. I have both MSFS and P3D installed, thus LNM has Library Data for both. If you have made a flight plan with active MSFS Library, you must not switch in later session to P3D Library in LNM when you have done a flight in MSFS before, otherwise you cannot open LNM anymore and you cannot change the LNM Library setting either. I don't know if this is the whole equation but I'm quite sure that MSFS/P3D libraries are part of it.

Interim solution: If I temporarily remove all flight plans from the LNM folder, I can open LNM again and change the library setting. Then I can put back all plans

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

The dialog is placed wrong for MSFS plans since MSFS cannot deal with parking anyway. I'll remove this for the next update. But LNM should not freeze or crash in this case.
This might be a bug I cannot reproduce yet.

You can help if you send me the LNM configuration, performance file, flight plan file and log file if you run into this.

If you run into this problem:

1. Exit LNM
  2. Open the LNM configuration file C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap.ini in a text editor. Replace YOURUSERNAME with your login name.
  3. Look for a line that starts with: Filename=
  4. Delete this line. This is the plan which is loaded on startup.

@Nemo Have to try this with P3D and MSFS. BTW: There is no need to move plan files around. You can go to options on page "Startup and Updates" and disable "Load last used flight plan" to avoid this.

Alex

Ok understood. But some points remain unclear.

MSFS Scenery is active and I see parking (numbers) in LNM.

Why does LNM ask me for a parking if its not gonna used? Can I switch this off?

- Harry 

Just now, Nemo said:

MSFS Scenery is active and I see parking (numbers) in LNM.

Yes but the MSFS flight plan loading does not support loading parking spots or start positions. It does not even save them if you create a plan with starting position at the gate and save if from MSFS.

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

Why does LNM ask me for a parking if its not gonna used? Can I switch this off?

The is a bug (a minor one) as I said. Will be off with the next update. Click "Do no show again" in the dialog and it won't harass you again.

The crash is a more serious issue. Have to hunt it down.

Alex

Okay. Thank you!

BTW, it is an awesome tool you gave to us.

- Harry 

My situation is completely different. I do not have MSFS installed at all. All I did was access a P3Dv3 flightplan from the P3Dv3 flightplan folder in my documents. I did not remove the flightplan from being active before I shut down Little NavMap as I often did with earlier versions. The next day I could not start up Littlle Navmap. It would first give me a dialogue box saying there was not a start point, which my previous version of Little NavMap had always done, quickly followed by another windows dialogue box stating that Little NavMap has to close and it would close.

This was with version 2.6.9. I would send the logs but I had to get ready for a multiplayer event today and tomorrow so I deleted the Little NavMap folder, the abarthel folder and the other folder in APPdata created by Little NavMAp that I can't remember the name of. I then reinstalled version 2.4 that I have used for months and it is working fine again. I can try version 2.6.9 again next week if you would like me to do some testing and send logs.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Good news: After some more intense testing I ran into the issue. It is a very obscure bug. Fixed it.

It happens if you do not answer the dialog immediately and an update on wind data tries to refresh the flight plan table a few seconds later.😒

Alex

• Like 1

And you do mean "immediately". I barely had time tor read the dialogue much less answer it. :biggrin:

Glad you were able to duplicate it.

Ted