Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

PMDG 777-200ER Released

Just did a quick jump in the base model in V5. Seems to be working fine. Will probably pick up the expansion later on. 

just hope it’ll get imported into OnAir asap. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

most of us here won't be flying airliners in MSFS for years at this point.  I'm going to buy this.  FOr this price point I would have expected a new pbr virtual cockpit considering it's just an expansion.  But it is what it is. 

• Upvote 5

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

flying it now.  what a beauty.  no issues at all.

however theres a bug already..the engine animations stop after starting.

youd think the beta testers would find that.  I saw it within 3 mins of start up...

other than that.  very nice.

2021-2-27-10-48-19-903.jpg

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

I purchased the expansion, personally believing it will  be a few years before solidly switching to MSFS, assuming I make the switch at all. I just hope PMDG gets us the cockpit upgrade they kept speaking about. I will be very disappointed if they discontinue work on that part of the airplane. I miss the rain effects on the windshield already.

That said, I'm taking me first flight as we speak, KORD-RJAA. Does anyone have an configuration info for GSX? That's is all I need at this moment to fully enjoy the -200ER. 

-Tony@PVD

• Like 1

Tony Moore

I purchased the expansion and I’ll get my money’s worth from it. I compare it too 3 scenery purchases that I may fly too a few times a year and then will not fly too for a long time. I also look at it this way, the 777 hasn’t had a major update in 8 years. The base received 1000’s of internal updates and later on the VC update with Rainmaker will arrive which from which I understand will be free. The ER comes with 3 engine types and the EFB. The price pays for continued support and development of the 777. And remember, if you already own the base and the -300, those updates and future fixes and updates are free. 

On the way home today I stopped by McDonald to pick up the family dinner. It cost me around $50 for 4 Big Mac meals. I also put in $50 in gas in my vehicle. The meals are gone and the gas will need to be refilled in a few days but I can fly the 777 for as long and as many times as I would like.  I know it’s not the norm as the past expansions but a lot of work and future work is going into it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

For the guys who have purchased the expansion, how different is the cockpit experience? Sounds much different? Instrumentation for the engines? Feeling of flying the 200-ER versus the 200-LR?

I’m lined up on the active at EGLL atm in the 200-LR. No activations problems, engines sound great.

As a P3D v5 guy, it’s been a long while since i flew a T7. I’m looking forward to seeing how she performs along the route to YPPH.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I wonder how many people who refuse to pay $70 for a top study level expansion of a top study level aircraft do not even hesitate when paying $1500 for a top level graphics card? I know which one I think is the rip off.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, ComSimPilot said:

Something I don't have clear. Apart from the EFB, are the new updates like ground handling, new sound, VNAV, aerodynamics, PBR etc only for the 200ER or for the 200LR/300ER as well? Do someone has to purchase the 200ER expansion to get the new features/updates? 

EDIT: Ok, reading the FSElite announcement it seems that all these except EFB are included for the 200LR/300ER. Someone correct me if wrong. 

I honestly can´t tell you..I don´t know. But you can head over to PMDG and just ask them. They would surely respond.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

If you already have the P3D version of the base package, you can get all of the upgrades (apart from the EFB) for free. You will need to purchase the 200ER expansion pack if you want the EFB in the existing models.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I uninstalled the pre-update base package and downloaded/installed the new one. When I launched P3Dv4, the registration process didn't launch, which left the airplane dead. If you also experience this problem, you are not alone: It is being discussed in this thread: [27FEB21] Having Trouble Activating? Help us by answering a few questions... - PMDG Simulations

I purchased the 200ER even though I expected the price to be more around $40-60 instead of $77.72

Now it makes me smile when I read that the Base Package update is advertised as free. It would be more accurate to say 'with no additional cost'. Because PMDG has to pay the costs and salaries of the employees. So the work has to be funded. The funding comes from of course the base package sales if the update workload has been anticipated and reflected in the price. I also suspect that part of the update cost comes from the 200ER sales.

Because the EFB is tied to the 200ER, I feel uncomfortable for fellows who want the EFB but are not interested in the 200ER variant. They cannot spend $77 for the EFB. Of course nobody forces them to buy but it would have been more fair IMHO to make the EFB a separate purchase.

Edited by Simicro
  • Upvote 1

- TONY -

10 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Because the EFB is tied to the 200ER, I feel uncomfortable for fellows who want the EFB but are not interested in the 200ER variant. They cannot spend $77 for the EFB. Of course nobody forces them to buy but it would have been more fair IMHO to make the EFB a separate purchase.

It is fine if they want to offer a new expansion package, but having the EFB only linked to a new package that costs 78$ (despite the new engine variants), I find it weird and it makes no sense, IMHO EFB should have been included in both expansions -200ER and -300ER. 

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I bought it.  Other than hearing the different sounds/EFB I didn't have a big desire for the ER.  I really wish the ER came with some more liveries.  Delta, bare metal American, and different United paints would have been good.  Happy to have the plane back in the hangar.  That said the VC sure looks dated.  But I know they will be working on it.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Well worth the wait!

• Like 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

5 hours ago, pilatuz said:

Funny how people are complaining about the price. Did you really think it was a totally free update for the base package? Someone has to pay for all the man hours that went into it. The expansion price reflects them still needing to meet a profit margin. It's a simple equation and really dumb to complain about.

I am just trying to figure out the difference between the 777-300ER expansion package (which I own) for $29.99 and the new 777-200ER expansion packaging for $77.99.  As far as I can tell is just the EFB which gets added to all three 777 models....is that correct?  If so you are paying $29,99 (ok add some inflation since release of the original 300ER) so maybe $35 for the model and $40 for the EFB.  If that is the case I am guessing its fair, if you really want to use the EFB in all models.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000