Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

PMDG 777-200ER Released

20 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

No it does not; it only says they're anxious to show us the full upgraded cockpit.  It does not say it will be a free upgrade.  Why do you believe it will be?  If they provided a free VC upgrade, what would compel consumers to buy a new 777?  This is really very simple.  

Also, I'm having a difficult time understanding you; in this post you implicitly imply the upgraded VC will be free.  How else can you irrupted: "keep making the claim the VC rebuild will have a fee and is for a new MSFS version of the aircraft while the posts I've linked show the opposite."  Yet, now you're saying it won't be?  

I think the misunderstanding is because you keep making the connection to MSFS while I don't. What I've been saying from the beginning is that as per PMDG's statements, they didn't rebuild the virtual cockpit with this update because it takes a long time to accomplish so they're going to continue working on it and release it as another update later this year for this 777 product line (P3D). Whether they will charge for this update I don't know and I have never said anything about it.

I get your point about creating an incentive to buy a new 777 product line, but nothing in their announcements even alludes to MSFS in any way but talks solely about the 777 for P3D that just got an expansion and an update today. I don't see how anything they've said about this would mean they're talking about releasing that VC rebuild with a completely new 777 for MSFS.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

10 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Not sure if this was answered anywhere... can existing liveries be used with the PBR models of the update? Or will all liveries need to be updated to work?

Generally, non-PBR liveries aren't compatible with PBR models and need to be updated. I've used some non-PBR liveries with PBR models however with other aircraft and sometimes they work and sometimes something will be off, like very dark shadows on the unlit side of the aircraft for example. You can install one and see what it looks like, although it will look best with the updated liveries of course.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Ouch. Not looking (or sounding) good especially for the price. I was so hyped for this....

Edited by UAL4life
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I think the misunderstanding is because you keep making the connection to MSFS while I don't. What I've been saying from the beginning is that as per PMDG's statements, they didn't rebuild the virtual cockpit with this update because it takes a long time to accomplish so they're going to continue working on it and release it as another update later this year for this 777 product line (P3D). Whether they will charge for this update I don't know and I have never said anything about it.

I get your point about creating an incentive to buy a new 777 product line, but nothing in their announcements even alludes to MSFS in any way but talks solely about the 777 for P3D that just got an expansion and an update today. I don't see how anything they've said about this would mean they're talking about releasing that VC rebuild with a completely new 777 for MSFS.

Gotcha, sir!  I think we still differ in that you believe the P3D 777 update will be free.  I do not, at a minimum, it will be part of the $77 200ER expansion package (ala EFB)...I doubt it will be included in the existing 777 lineup 

Matt King

16 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Gotcha, sir!  I think we still differ in that you believe the P3D 777 update will be free.  I do not, at a minimum, it will be part of the $77 200ER expansion package (ala EFB)...I doubt it will be included in the existing 777 lineup 

I still have never taken any stance whatsoever on whether I believe it will be free or include an upgrade fee and what PMDG said is that it is for the existing 777 lineup. You do interpret a lot into things 😉.

Edited by threegreen

3 hours ago, Afterburner said:

I redownloaded the updated base package file, as suggested by rsrandazzon on the PMDG forum to solve the activation issues. After installing it, the airplane has been working, but each time I select the airplane and load the scenery, I get a warning that says "Cannot get product version data - string not found". Does anyone else have this issue?  I tried to uninstall and reinstall once again to no avail.

Quite disappointed that they can't get things right when it comes to installation and activation.

I have that issue as well, but i had no issue trying to activate it. So far i haven't noticed any side effects. But im only on my second flight.

-Tony@PVD

Tony Moore

Bought it. Made a flight from SKBO-KIAH with a United livery. Really cool experience. Sounds were really immersive, also VNAV was spot on. All in all really happy with my purchase. 

Edited by Samaritano
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Samaritano said:

Bought it. Made a flight from SKBO-KIAH with a United livery. Really cool experience. Sounds were really immersive, also VNAV was spot on. All in all really happy with my purchase. 

I’m flying for BAW in the updated 200-LR. 
- PMDG said they’ve been working on the VNAV, and I agree that it’s very good, based on my still fairly small number of flights.

- Cockpit may be old, but it looks decent. In particular, as a VR flier I find that the proportions are good and that your head doesn’t accidentally poke through the side window (unlike some other aircraft, such as the NGXU).

- The 200-LR sounds are very nice when played through a home theatre system (5.1 with my throttle attached to the top of the sub).

All in all - the free 200-LR upgrade represents excellent value for money. Good work, PMDG!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

8 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I don't know how to respond to such a ridiculous statement; I'll endeavor to try though.  First, it was a genuine question; I was curious if PMDG has altered thier strategy.  The response you quoted was directly refuting a statement explicitly implying a model update would be free.  How is suggesting/assuming it would free any different than suggesting the opposite?  How come you failed to take offense to the former?  How do I know it won't be free?  How about 20+ years of strategy to make an informed opinion?  Pray tel, when has PMDG released a new visual model for free?

737 NGXu = nope

747 QoS III = nope

747-800 = nope

64-bit 737 = nope

64-bit 747 = nope

64-bit 777 = nope

777 ER expansion = nope

It seems pretty logical to SUSPECT [the literal word I used...perhaps you're not a native English speaker] a new visual model will cost, doesn't it? 

They just released a new PBR visual model of the 200-LR, my ill-informed friend, so the answer to your rather snarky question - “Pray tel, when has PMDG released a new visual model for free?” - is “yesterday”

“this is essentially a full rebuild of the entire 777 product line, complete with new fly-by-wire, new flight models, new exterior models (pbr compatible with P3D v5) updated systems logic, added ground services, new sound engine, updated VNAV logic, integration for compatibility with PMDG Global Flight Operations, and much, much more.”

PMDG just released a very substantial free upgrade for a product that I bought back in February 2015. You’re also very wrong with regards to the 64-bit issue - “ 64-bit 777 = nope“. It’s actually “64-bit 777 = yep”, as they issued a free 64-bit update for my product after P3D v4 was released in 2017.

Perhaps you should try flying these aircraft rather than just bashing them, you might actually like it!

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Upvote 3

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

9 hours ago, kingm56 said:

The visual model will be upgraded as part to the MSFS port; it certainly won't be free...If I'm wrong, I'd appreciate a link.

As someone who spends a fair bit of time on the PMDG forums, there is no basis to your statements. Nobody knows the specifics of PMDG’s MSFS plans apart from PMDG themselves.

And then you want a link to disprove your conspiracy theory??

Sure, here you go:

https://forum.pmdg.com/

https://www.google.com

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Oz

Does anyone know what's happening with the Immersion package for the 777? I'm under the understanding that it doesn't work.

Cheers 

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Cockpit may be old, but it looks decent.

The cockpit looks outdated and also like word not allowed for 2021.

It is also ridiculous that PMDG took 10 months to make the 777 compatible with P3D5.

Edited by Greggy_D

53 minutes ago, doublebubble said:

Does anyone know what's happening with the Immersion package for the 777? I'm under the understanding that it doesn't work.

Cheers 

Explained on the previous page:

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models