Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

PMDG 777-200ER Released

Can you blame the community when Robert post : This HUGE 777 free update. Than you realize that verity little has been done and you have more bugs than before. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

15 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Can you blame the community when Robert post : This HUGE 777 free update. Than you realize that verity little has been done and you have more bugs than before. 

I don't know if you're talking to me but I'm not talking about this specific thread.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

@threegreen, I'm afraid you sound like them.
But that's ok, we are entitled to our opinions.
In my opinion (I could be very wrong) even FSLABS, LEONARDO, and others have certain issues though I don't see so much criticism and dissatisfaction against them.
For the last few years, PMDG on every release had more bugs than the previous version and vehemently denied or blamed somebody else. Eventually, when they were overwhelmed by the customer complaints they tried to attend to the problems with multiple patches. To my knowledge, they never ever apologized for releasing software with so many bugs. Actually they blocked people on their forum for complaining. Unfortunately, there are so many examples.
And you are 100% correct about "This is just annoying and not helping anyone." with one difference, it's annoying for them because people are fed up with constant bugs.

I will say this, you can keep on defending them but they are their own enemy.

Despite what we believe all this is equal to "0", their attitude and lately their way of doing business keeps on positioning themselves at the bottom of the developer's list and customer satisfaction. FROM BEING NO1!
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I wish they had first simply made the 777 v5 compatible and worried about the "upgrades" later.  

Having said that folks, go and fly the MaddogX MD-80.  Loads of fun, the support is solid, and I've made at least two requests both of which they implemented.  As a customer, I fee appreciated, valued, and heard.  Not sure I would have received that acknowledgment elsewhere. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

15 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I wish they had first simply made the 777 v5 compatible and worried about the "upgrades" later.  

perfectly put. agreed.

14ppkc-6.png

28 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Having said that folks, go and fly the MaddogX MD-80.  Loads of fun, the support is solid, and I've made at least two requests both of which they implemented.  As a customer, I fee appreciated, valued, and heard.  Not sure I would have received that acknowledgment elsewhere. 

I agree. best P3D plane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

22 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I agree. best P3D plane.

Me too. Total home run 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

50 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

And constantly adding new features and updates like ACARS and an EFB at no additional charges to the customer. You can tell the Maddog is truly a labor of love rather then a profit machine to Leonardo.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Vic green

I should clarify: I'm grateful there is a well replicated 777 for us.  Pricing aside because I am in no position to decide that for them and will purchase the ER after ensuring all the major bugs are out, I really do love having it (LR/-300) in my sim hangar and appreciate the energy and effort.  I just wish they did a simple release for V5 first.  Get that nice and stable than introduced the new stuff.  PMDG got this popular for a reason they deserve (747).  But, like any product/operation, sometimes when you get to a certain size quality starts to slip a little and a time-out, lets re-group and focus is in order.   

I stand-by comment though about the enjoyment and first place price of the MD-80 and more personal interaction with the developer.  

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

so after 5 flights with it ive come to the conclusion thats its going back into the hanger until they fix it.

from what I can tell from trying to simulate the  fly by wire they have nerfed it completely.  why they couldnt of left it as it was is a mystery to me.

its terrible to handfly and its seems to bouncing up and down trying/fighting to auto trim etc etc when you hand fly it.

shame but for me until its patched, its AOG, and definaley needs some troubleshooting.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Hopefully pmdg gets the pitch and twitchy ness worked out. Going to hangar this plane for a little while. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I remember Larry (Adamson) commenting that the flight dynamics in XPlane were not quite as amazing as some people seemed to believe, and that those in P3D/FSX could be tweaked to a reasonably high degree of accuracy. By the way, I have not seen Larry on AVSIM in a long time..... :huh:

With respect to PMDG products, I am not able to comment on the 777-200ER (or the upgraded 777 as a whole), but I do not recall any major show stopping bugs or issues with any of the ones that I purchased (737NGX/777/747v3). Of course, I do not use half of the systems and features that many of the "study level" AVSIM virtual pilots use, but I have always found them to be extremely realistic (based on what I think is realistic) and well behaved. There have been moments when things have not gone exactly according to plan, but I am almost certain that was because of something that I did wrong, rather than any inherent problems with the products themselves.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Stay on topic friends, this has been a good discussion, and I wouldn’t want to lock it. 

Cheers,
Pete

• Like 5

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Flying the 777-F and having a lot of fun . I still have the Brians , Airline2sim videos in my hangar but i havent had the time to recall them as i also using the brand new FSLA320 videos. I recall the KSFO special approach in that series.

This aircraft is so easy to manage and yet there is so much to discover (look at the QRH section for instance) so i can recommend airline2sims video for great details and learning.

I am still a supporter so i might go with the 200ER later on (EFB, performance etc )but i read that the airport moving map is not present. This would be nice to have as an update like the 747-8.

Michael Moe  

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I did the free update for P3D v4.5 777 and promptly deleted and reinstalled the prior base package.  Some things were modified in the FMC and I didn't want to bother learning what happened to what.  When the cockpit is redone we will look again but for now it's amply great already.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X