Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

PMDG 777-200ER Released

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

Beta tester for GFO here, this is not the case.

Is this just a glitch then? We are no unable to access 95% of AA,UAL,KLM etc.

Did somebody turn this on by accident?

• Upvote 1

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

2 hours ago, Mroberts95 said:

Is this just a glitch then? We are no unable to access 95% of AA,UAL,KLM etc.

Did somebody turn this on by accident?

I didn't remember additional liveries were visible and usable for non-testers. The comments I quoted said "any liveries" and "a few liveries" so I assumed they were suggesting all liveries would be accessible with GFO only. Apologies, I misunderstood.

The additional liveries are part of the GFO product indeed.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

So the liveries were available for a short time only and then taken down with no prior warning to customers that they would need to buy a separate product for liveries to remain accessible? With the farse that is the latest 777 update and now this, im getting a little angry with PMDG lately. Seriously, what's wrong with having some free liveries to download? The standalone products cost enough as it is! 

Edited by james42
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, james42 said:

So the liveries were available for a short time only and then taken down with no prior warning to customers that they would need to buy a separate product for liveries to remain accessible? With the farse that is the latest 777 update and now this, im getting a little angry with PMDG lately. Seriously, what's wrong with having some free liveries to download? The standalone products cost enough as it is! 

I put in a ticket and I hope others will as well.

Its crazy that this is now okay after spending that much.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

41 minutes ago, james42 said:

26 minutes ago, Mroberts95 said:

I put in a ticket and I hope others will as well.

Its crazy that this is now okay after spending that much.

I don't know why the liveries were available or displayed at first. I'll point out again however that these additional liveries are being developed for GFO and are part of it. No idea what the plan ultimately is.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

That GFO it should not matter where the livery is coming from.
That's software integration is an option on the FMC to select it enabled or disabled, you can paint the airplane any color and it should not alter the functionality (maybe just video performance).
So I can't imagine the logic behind the statement " liveries are being developed for GFO and are part of it" when there is a specific option on the FMC to activate it or not.
So, IMHO, when GFO will be ready to be used, the customer will pay a subscription if they elect to use it or not, otherwise if they will force it as part of the normal operation of the software that will be the end of the PMDG.
Right now I think that is bad speculation, what is for sure it shows how much chaos is going on with them, even from the perspective of just a livery painting.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Pay more dollars, guys!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Quote from Chris Makris on the PMDG forum:

"As for your questions. Full fleets will be GFO only. There will be couple from each company available but the rest only through GFO. There are multiple liveries from painters in the community if you wish to use something specific"

So once again we're relying on our dear hard working freeware repainters for liveries that were readily available to download from PMDG a few days ago unless you buy yet another product from them. Thanks PMDG.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, james42 said:

Quote from Chris Makris on the PMDG forum:

"As for your questions. Full fleets will be GFO only. There will be couple from each company available but the rest only through GFO. There are multiple liveries from painters in the community if you wish to use something specific"

If there really will be one or two liveries made available per airline, I cannot see the problem.
It won't bother me that I can only get G-VIIN rather than G-YMMC for BA, or N792UA instead of N78003 for UA.

Should entire airlines be behind the GFO paywall, that's an enitrely different proposition. If that turns out to be the case, I'm done with them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

57 minutes ago, F737NG said:

If there really will be one or two liveries made available per airline, I cannot see the problem.
It won't bother me that I can only get G-VIIN rather than G-YMMC for BA, or N792UA instead of N78003 for UA.

Should entire airlines be behind the GFO paywall, that's an enitrely different proposition. If that turns out to be the case, I'm done with them.

The thing that's getting me is the fact that all the liveries were available to everyone and then out of nowhere they weren't, with no heads up to customers that this was going to happen. Maybe its some kind of marketing ploy for GFO "hey, look how many liveries can you have if you buy yet another product from us!". Or maybe I'm over reacting. I just have a bit of a sour taste in my mouth after spending all this money on the 777 and now cant access the full set of addon liveries for it that I could a few days ago.      

• Like 1

I don't see what the fuss is all about...... You still have access to a couple free repaints for each airline.  Why do you need a bunch of repaints that are EXACTLY the same except for the registration #?

Seems we are just trying to come up with reasons to be upset at this point.

Edited by nrunning24
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Nick Running

N119UA agrees with James, so even the repaints themselves are not impressed!! :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guys,

what has happened here was a mistake. The liveries that were accessible and now are not anymore were never supposed to be accessible in the first place and they are not part of the 777 but part of the GFO product. It was done by accident when the 777 was released and then corrected. You will have at least one livery for every airline, in many cases two or more, like for BA, so there is no paywall restricting the number of airlines available outside of GFO and there are/will be plenty of liveries. Entire fleets, as in liveries for every airframe that an airline operates of a given type, will be available in GFO only.

This is indeed awkward since I suppose many thought the additional liveries were part of the 777 product. I understand the confusion and there is a discussion in the beta group as well because we didn't initially understand what was going on, either. Again, it was a mistake and misunderstanding in the aftermath.

@killthespam GFO is not taking away any functionality from the aircraft for non-GFO users; you are not going to be forced to obtain GFO in order to be able to use your aircraft in the full scope. The logic behind what you quoted of me is rather simple. You have the livery options I pointed out above as a non-GFO user like you always have with every other aircraft package. GFO however needs additional liveries to work, so additional liveries are being painted for it as part of the development of this product and will be available to use with GFO. It's also about more than just an additional paint scheme to look at. What option in the FMC are you referring to? I'm not aware of anything like it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1