Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

PMDG 777-200ER Released

25 minutes ago, nrunning24 said:

I don't see what the fuss is all about...... You still have access to a couple free repaints for each airline.  Why do you need a bunch of repaints that are EXACTLY the same except for the registration #?

Seems we are just trying to come up with reasons to be upset at this point.

Because the whole fleet was there and people like flying IRL based flights with the right registration,

Why did we want the 200ER when the 200LR has the range etc. Because people want things to be as close to real life ops as possible.

• Like 1

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

No point in whining and  complaining. About cost/ charges for this and that.

Simple solution!

DONT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!!! 

Done 😀

mike

I think what is causing the confusion is the fact it has always been this way since they moved over to Ops Center 2 and the NGXu. Currently the fleet 737 and 747 are still open to all but I'm sure they will be tagged as GFO Only shortly. I don't buy the Oversight comment for the 777 as I started earlier, we've been on OC2 for over a year. If it was an oversight then why haven't they pulled the 737 and 747 fleets back in the beginning. 

For me I have to change out some of my aircraft tail# configs to non-GFO aircraft so I don't lose my settings or history per those tail#. Other then that I use a lot of third party repaints as I find them nicer than the defaults.

On a side note, I wonder how GFO will work with third party aircraft. Well they need a GFO fleet in order to work properly in this new system? 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

25 minutes ago, threegreen said:

What option in the FMC are you referring to? I'm not aware of anything like it.

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying, as I said, it might be bad speculation and my assumptions were that it will be a subscription, customer choice/option.
Re FMC option I see this:

where I assume that in OPS CENTER you log in and activate the option for GFO. All the airplanes (paint scheme installed) have show this option is available.
But I might be wrong.

I still don't understand why would you go and disable a system already available/embedded in the software and complicate the matter. Either you subscribe and activate it or not versus going inside a remove coding and create other unnecessary issues. Like it was the fiasco with the nose steering.

Edited by killthespam
  • Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

38 minutes ago, killthespam said:

Re FMC option I see this:

You don't have the 777 update installed do you? I'm not seeing any such option in the FMC or in the introduction manual for the current 777 version. Unless I'm mistaken this option has been removed.

In any case, I don't think this option is/was related to GFO. The name is similar but I think it was an option to use with the older Operations Center. GFO isn't activated or deactivated through such an FMC option. The NGXu for example doesn't have any option like this.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Mroberts95 said:

Because the whole fleet was there and people like flying IRL based flights with the right registration,

Why did we want the 200ER when the 200LR has the range etc. Because people want things to be as close to real life ops as possible.

I get it feels weird to have them be gone, especially for people who initially got excited that the whole fleet of reg#'s were there for some airlines....  But really come on.... Name one other airplane developer who has provided an entire airlines fleet of reg#'s as a free download for their product.  

I guess its all biased on degrees of realism, but flying a 777-200LR instead of a 200ER is a much bigger difference to me than flying a different reg# with the EXACT same repaint.  Your welcome to pay inibuilds to do a fleet pack for you if its that important.

Not the biggest PMDG fan in the world but this is a pretty outlandish reason to be "done" with PMDG as some have stated up-thread.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Nick Running

4 hours ago, pedrotrindade said:

PMDG is full on Captain Sim pricing mode. First after 8 years they still screw up the 777 release with terrible FBW logic and no VC upgrade. A VC upgrade they say is coming later this year. Almost bet that they will wrap it around some v2 moniker and charge for it. 

Now they de-list  almost all their liveries and state you can only have them with GFO which nobody knows what that will cost or if it is a one time or subscription based pricing model. They of course locked the thread on the topic at their forum because even they know it's bad but don't care. They will just tamp down any dissent they can control.

PMDG is trying to make up for any MSFS revenue lost on the backs of us P3D users. I say I'm done with them. The FSL Airbus is a way better sim than that NGXu anyways.

• Upvote 6

Eric 

4 minutes ago, B777ER said:

PMDG is full on Captain Sim pricing mode. First after 8 years they still screw up the 777 release with terrible FBW logic and no VC upgrade. A VC upgrade they say is coming later this year. Almost bet that they will wrap it around some v2 moniker and charge for it. 

Now they de-list  almost all their liveries and state you can only have them with GFO which nobody knows what that will cost or if it is a one time or subscription based pricing model. They of course locked the thread on the topic at their forum because even they know it's bad but don't care. They will just tamp down any dissent they can control.

PMDG is trying to make up for any MSFS revenue lost on the backs of us P3D users. I say I'm done with them. The FSL Airbus is a way better sim than that NGXu anyways.

Does FSL provide a repaint with every possible registration number for any particular airline?  Why is PMDG being held to this standard.....

You can still get access to the exact same airline liveries, just not every single registration #. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nick Running

1 minute ago, nrunning24 said:

but this is a pretty outlandish reason to be "done" with PMDG as some have stated up-thread

Erm...

Should entire airlines be behind the GFO paywall, that's an enitrely different proposition. If that turns out to be the case, I'm done with them.

At the time I posted, it wasn't necessarily clear if more than the house liveries would be available without purchasing GFO.
That would be unreasonable and be a valid reason in my opinion to be done.

However, it appears that there will be a number of liveries freely available and, as I said in my original post, I cannot see the problem restricting access to an entire fleet of liveries and registration numbers to GFO purchasers.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, nrunning24 said:

Does FSL provide a repaint with every possible registration number for any particular airline?  Why is PMDG being held to this standard.....

You can still get access to the exact same airline liveries, just not every single registration #. 

No they don't, but they also don't put all the liveries up for download and then yank them away from you. 

Eric 

I'd like to toss my 2 cents in here. I don't have a strong opinion on PMDG either way. But, those of you saying its no big deal they removed the liveries, I strongly disagree. The price for the -200ER was ridiculously high. I bought it however, as my preferred airline only has the ERs. On purchase day, we were led to believe these liveries were included with the product we purchased. Than a week later or so, they remove them. IMHO that is taking back something we already paid for.

And as far as those of you who think we do not need every registration, that may be fine for you. But some of us have specific registration numbers we prefer to fly. I know for me, it's about the exact aircrafts I have flown on IRL. I was very excited to find that livery available. And now I'm extremely disappointed. 

In short, I feel that PMDG took back something I paid for. If that's their business plan goin forward, they may have to be put on my do not purchase list along side FSL.

-Tony@PVD

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Tony Moore

16 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Now they de-list  almost all their liveries and state you can only have them with GFO which nobody knows what that will cost or if it is a one time or subscription based pricing model.

Deep in your heart you know the answer to this.  It is PMDG after all.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Deep in your heart you know the answer to this.  It is PMDG after all.

Yea, I know.

Edited by B777ER
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

The liveries that were accessible and now are not anymore were never supposed to be accessible in the first place and they are not part of the 777 but part of the GFO product.

To what extent does GFO preclude making these liveries available to all 777 customers, who have paid handsomely for the base package and the expansion(s)?

Do they really think that a changed registration on the same base paint will entice people to buy subscribe to their GFO? Or conversely, take any subscriptions away from it because that's the only thing people want? This wouldn't bode well for the functionality of this tool.

Regardless if you use these liveries or not, it is just a bad marketing and communications move. This will hurt them more than making or keeping those liveries available.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The fact they closed the topic in their forum regarding what's going on with the 777 liveries before it got too big just goes to show they know they've made a mistake here. 

Looking through the available liveries in the OC, I noticed there are quite a few "full fleet" repaints available to download. Specially, AA and BA repaints for the 737 and 747 respectively. How long before most of those are GFO only too? Get um while you can folks!      

• Like 2