Sign in to follow this  
VFRHawk

Third party ATC in VR

Hey,

Do any of the available 3rd party ATC programs for MSFS work in VR?  Ideally natively, or if not, using a simple hack to bring their window in to the sim and allow you to control it in sim?  I usually map two of the hat switches on my warthog to control what I ask/answer.

Using WMR on a Reverb G2 if it's platform specific.

You can use voice with MCE and then you can talk to ATC without the ATC window present, using either the proper phraseology, or if you prefer, you can say stuff such as 'ATC 1' for MCE to emulate pressing the first ATC response on the ATC window's list, 'ATC 2' for the next one down, and so on. The ATC window does not actually need to be open in the sim for this to work.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Is there an option to do the same thing with a joystick button @Chock?  I tend to need to avoid too much noise as I often game late at night.

On 2/28/2021 at 12:25 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Pilot2atc works fine in VR 

What does that mean?  Is there a window that pops up in vr?!  Or do u just mean it works fine, as long as you are using voice commands?!  I would love to know, because I sometimes used the 'say it' button to 'talk' with atc.

Bruce

Bruce Wood

I gave it a shot today and there was no pop up in the VR. I didn't need one though thanks to the copilot and push to talk functions. It's going to take a little getting used to but Pilot2ATC works well and is a great improvement over the default ATC. Now, what I need is something that can control the jetways/ladders and pushback that works in VR.

Edward Smoker Sr.