Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

SimWorks Studios working on a Kodiak

Cyprus based SimWorks Studios announced on Facebook they are starting work on a Kodiak with regular, Tundra and Amphibious variants:

00cfdb34f34262eae66351d0b71590520a182d9d

https://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios/

We are proud to announce developement of the Kodiak 100 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. A powerful airplane built for adventure, a unique combination of robust construction and slow flight performance, that enable you to operate from unprepared landing strips and water for incredible missions. Licensed by Daher, the SWS Kodiak will offer:

--Accurate 3D model created from factory CAD data
--Regular and tundra tyre variants
--Amphibian variant, featuring the Aerocet 6650 floats
--Cargo pod option
--Multiple interior configurations
--18 factory liveries + 5 custom schemes
--Immersive sound environment using Wwise

We will be regularly posting updates from the aircraft's developement, so keep an eye on our page for more news!

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 2

Oooh, that's a very exciting announcement!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Excellent!!  I'd buy that!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This is my #1 aircraft request for MSFS. This is excellent news for Kodiak fans in sims! Now if at some point MSFS will have the water runways again at least close to FSX? I don't do Facebook so any more detail info if they are working on it already or haven't even started, and a time frame? I really don't care when, I just want it to be true?

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

It's going to be hard to accept after Thundra Kodiak in XP11 LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

The question is: If Thandra's Kodiak (in XP) is so good (I never tried it so dunno), then can SWS do one equally good, or better even? Do they have what it takes?

We see here some of the previous works done by SWS (disregard the DC Designs F18 as SWS is just hosting / reselling it): https://simworksstudios.com/aircraft.html

Here's a FSElite review of SWS' T-37B for P3D, published as recently as February of last year, and they were full of praise: https://fselite.net/reviews/simworks-studios-t-37b-tweet-the-fselite-review/

Interesting to note, the reviewer says, while referring to the systems: "

Overall, the feeling is that all that could be simulated has been. The promises made are kept, minus the simulator engine limitations themselves.

Similar praise was given for the flight model, and the limitation of the P3D sdk and the minimal impact because of it, and they also mentioned how the devs are working with some external partners to remove these limitations.

Their Zenith Stole for MSFS also received similar positive reviews.

Since SWS claims they have got the Kodiak licensed by Daher, and since it's going to be a payware (meaning the devs already are aware of the fact that they have to deliver a job better than stock sim offerings), I'm going to make an assumption that they will have access to not only CAD but also flight model and system related data given to them directly by Daher, which I assume will be implemented and therefore the flight model and systems would be quite accurate. 

In XP, Thandra Kodiak uses Laminar's default G1000 which is obviously better than MSFS G100. However more improvements in that regard are coming in the future from the MSFS core sim development team, as has been promised. I don’t know if SWS will use custom or MSFS native G1000.

Edited by EvidencePlz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

The question is: If Thandra's Kodiak (in XP) is so good (I never tried it so dunno), then can SWS do one equally good, or better even? Do they have what it takes?

We see here some of the previous works done by SWS (disregard the DC Designs F18 as SWS is just hosting / reselling it): https://simworksstudios.com/aircraft.html

Here's a FSElite review of SWS' T-37B for P3D, published as recently as February of last year, and they were full of praise: https://fselite.net/reviews/simworks-studios-t-37b-tweet-the-fselite-review/

Interesting to note, the reviewer says, while referring to the systems: "

Similar praise was given for the flight model, and the limitation of the P3D sdk and the minimal impact because of it, and they also mentioned how the devs are working with some external partners to remove these limitations.

Their Zenith Stole for MSFS also received similar positive reviews.

Since SWS claims they have got the Kodiak licensed by Daher, and since it's going to be a payware (meaning the devs already are aware of the fact that they have to deliver a job better than stock sim offerings), I'm going to make an assumption that they will have access to not only CAD but also flight model and system related data given to them directly by Daher, which I assume will be implemented and therefore the flight model and systems would be quite accurate. 

In XP, Thandra Kodiak uses Laminar's default G1000 which is obviously better than MSFS G100. However more improvements in that regard are coming in the future from the MSFS core sim development team, as has been promised. I don’t know if SWS will use custom or MSFS native G1000.

Having a licence doest NOT always mean you have access to all these datas. It mostly mean, that the manufacturer takes money from you 😄 . But of course, they can be cooperative and actually share datas.

You need a licence from Ford to produce a toy plastic Sherman Tank. Ford would not be providing data. The licence just means you have come to a deal with them to pay some money.

Now because you have a licence they may look more favourably at a request for data but they are not obliged to provide it.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed flying their Tweet in P3D, it was very well done.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Should be interesting,  Bill from Lionheart Creations mentioned on Facebook recently that he must do the Quest Kodiak next for MSFS before any other planes.

Edited by johncott

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Looks promising!  I like their Zenith.

If we don't end up paying to have a religious tract shoved into the user manual, even better.

• Like 7

YES YES YES..........PNG.....here we come!!!!  Very exciting news indeed.

• Like 4

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

3 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Looks promising!  I like their Zenith.

If we don't end up paying to have a religious tract shoved into the user manual, even better.

I couldn't convince them to install turn coordinator in Zenith LOL Good luck with light sport skidding turns LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI