Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

SimWorks Studios working on a Kodiak

I wonder would folk accept a similar practise that's employed with a well known Fighter sim. Where as aircraft are released with the majority of the systems are done, but still more in depth issues are completed  with future updates.

i for one would not be against such  an idea from respected developers we could trust to honour the deal. Maybe there could even be a financial deal where you get the aircraft at a lower price if you buy in earlier.(Major issues like cockpit detail etc need to be completed, no using other cockpits just to get the aircraft out like some do)

Maybe it's not a good idea, i have only been back into flight sims since MSFS launched. What do others think?

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

49 minutes ago, Car147 said:

I wonder would folk accept a similar practise that's employed with a well known Fighter sim. Where as aircraft are released with the majority of the systems are done, but still more in depth issues are completed  with future updates.

i for one would not be against such  an idea from respected developers we could trust to honour the deal. Maybe there could even be a financial deal where you get the aircraft at a lower price if you buy in earlier.(Major issues like cockpit detail etc need to be completed, no using other cockpits just to get the aircraft out like some do)

Maybe it's not a good idea, i have only been back into flight sims since MSFS launched. What do others think?

I don't mind paying for 'early access' type things if it is made clear.  Otherwise you will wait for ever for something to be 100% finished before release.

Lets face it, MSFS is nowhere near finished, and they made it clear some work was needed and there was a 10 year plan, but I have had a good years worth of solid enjoyment out of it.
I would rather do this than wait years and years more until people consider it finished and 100% ready for release. 

I have never known a 100% finished and bug free software project anyway, it is just that some people have different expectations and tolerance levels for early release type items.
My tolerance is quite high as long as I can see the developers working and making progress on the product.  

Obviously the core functionality needs to be there, but once again, peoples tolerance levels can vary wildly.
The recent PC-6 Porter / G1000NXi 'discussion' demonstrates this quite nicely!  :rolleyes:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

40 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I don't mind paying for 'early access' type things if it is made clear.  Otherwise you will wait for ever for something to be 100% finished before release.

Lets face it, MSFS is nowhere near finished, and they made it clear some work was needed and there was a 10 year plan, but I have had a good years worth of solid enjoyment out of it.
I would rather do this than wait years and years more until people consider it finished and 100% ready for release. 

I have never known a 100% finished and bug free software project anyway, it is just that some people have different expectations and tolerance levels for early release type items.
My tolerance is quite high as long as I can see the developers working and making progress on the product.  

Obviously the core functionality needs to be there, but once again, peoples tolerance levels can vary wildly.
The recent PC-6 Porter / G1000NXi 'discussion' demonstrates this quite nicely!  :rolleyes:

Much the same feeling i have on the subject, Just as a simple example take the PMDG 737,  if that was not able to have weather implemented or V Nav not fully working as it should, and was  similar to what we have with the latest FBW A320NX build, I would accept that unitl they can fully implement it.Then folk have the choice, do you want to jump in early, fully understanding that the aircraft your buying is WIP, and would have some systems not fully operational at launch.

I don't know, it's just a thought i had, whether it could work or not i don't know. also whether devs would be interested in this also, again i don't know. The only risk i see is if the unscrupulous ones, started doing the same and then new customers getting caught up in it.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

3 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Much the same feeling i have on the subject, Just as a simple example take the PMDG 737,  if that was not able to have weather implemented or V Nav not fully working as it should, and was  similar to what we have with the latest FBW A320NX build, I would accept that unitl they can fully implement it.Then folk have the choice, do you want to jump in early, fully understanding that the aircraft your buying is WIP, and would have some systems not fully operational at launch.

I don't know, it's just a thought i had, whether it could work or not i don't know. also whether devs would be interested in this also, again i don't know. The only risk i see is if the unscrupulous ones, started doing the same and then new customers getting caught up in it.

Sure.  I actually think this is the case already anyway. 
We have already been living with it for years to various degrees, but just not always transparent.

The levels of progress and perception on what is 'finished' is also different between developers, but even this can change over time.
We all know about Carenado's reputation, and the recent CaptainSim fiasco (they used to be good), but Black Box also got bad publicity over the Airbuses that some people say are still not finished.  However, more recently, their response on the BN-2 Islander and Cessna Bird Dog has been superb. 
This is the way things ebb and flow over time - a developers reputation is sometimes only as good as their last release and how they address any issues after release.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

52 minutes ago, 69Yanks said:

Comes out wheeled version on December 17. Posted on the Facebook page.

Thanks for the heads up. If it flies as good as it looks this will be one to get for sure.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

I just can't see paying this much for the full add-on.  I'll use the Caravan, thank you.  Strictly my opinion, others feel free to purchase away.  MSFS add-ons started out very reasonably priced and they seem to just be skyrocketing lately.

LouP

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LouP said:

I just can't see paying this much for the full add-on.  I'll use the Caravan, thank you.  Strictly my opinion, others feel free to purchase away.  MSFS add-ons started out very reasonably priced and they seem to just be skyrocketing lately.

LouP

Maybe.  But a lot of them were kinda rushed or lite-medium quality...or single pistons or military hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This looks fantastic from the preview posted above.

Really excited for this latest addition as it's an aircraft I've wanted in the sim from the start.

I can see myself putting a solid amount of hours into this.

Edited by Rudiii
  • Like 3

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

Manual is available for download and is still a bit rough around the edges...

Quote:

INFLIGHT
To ensure a smooth flying experience, when preparing to trim the aircraft for any phase of flight:
1. Set torque to the desired value with the power lever
2. Pitch for trim
3. Pitch for rudder to centre the slip indicator
4. Pitch for roll if required. Higher power settings will require aileron trim.

Bert

Bring it on, my wallet is burning a hole in my pocket.

Can anyone confirm download time for Perth Western Australia, Please, my math's isn't that great?

BJ from Oz

Brian Baxter

According to their Facebook page, it's due out at 16.00 GMT (UTC?). I think you are 8 hours ahead. So you should have it around midnight :)

Edited by Spike54

Eagles may soar, but alley cats don't get sucked into jet engines.