6 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Disregard, found a set in the US at normal price. 

Where?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Where?

B&H had them for 2 hours tonight. They still have the individual stick and throttle in stock. 

Earlier I had asked the question but Avsim doesn’t allow you to delete a post. As soon as I had posted it I decided to check B&H and what do you know, they were in stock. I get mine Tuesday.

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

5 hours ago, Boomer said:

Where?

They have more of the full hotas in stock this morning.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Hmm, the Warthog throttles are plastic...got my hands on one, is this plastic a problem?  I mean the rest of the device is all metal, so why cheap out on the throttles?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

I mean the rest of the device is all metal

As mentioned a couple of times, all the Warthog mechanics is plastic and quite prone to breaking, especially the stick. The throttles are more durable, but the friction pads will wear out under the intensive use. It's all just nice metal looks... 

2 minutes ago, SergeyPe said:

As mentioned a couple of times, all the Warthog mechanics is plastic and quite prone to breaking, especially the stick. The throttles are more durable, but the friction pads will wear out under the intensive use. It's all just nice metal looks... 

Ok but then yo also get folks who have had this for years saying still going rock solid.  Like many such cases, what to believe?

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Ok but then yo also get folks who have had this for years saying still going rock solid.  Like many such cases, what to believe?

It has nothing to do with beliefs; the engineers call it a "Failure rate". Which can be higher or lower, also depending on the conditions of use. For sure there is a number of owners who are not abusing their Warthogs and have them up and running for many years as well as quite a number of folks who have a) a gimbal sphere broken because of a stupid design/ brittle plastic and b) the joint between a stick and a gimbal broken because of a cheap "pot" metal used. Both are well-known problems that are widely discussed in the web for many years. On top of that, the gimbal spring loading design is something that you would expect to see in the cheapest mass-market joysticks but not in a high-end product that Warthog is pretending to be. OK, this was maybe true 15 years ago with no alternatives, but not anymore; and during these years Thrustmaster didn't do anything to fix these design flaws.

My TM Warthog arrived today. For now I'm leaving it the box until I decide what I want to do with it. 

Dan

20 hours ago, Wise87 said:

My TM Warthog arrived today. For now I'm leaving it the box until I decide what I want to do with it. 

Got it, so far happy with it.

spacer.png

The Warthog is fine and will last a while. I recommend to regrease the plastic-gimbal from time to time.

After a while, replace the Warthog Base with a Virpil WarBRD Base. Will be a big step towards a real aircraft stick feeling.

After a further while, replace the Warthog Stick with a Virpil Stick (only if you need more buttons etc).

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder