Sign in to follow this  
SFHaines

O2 Service Point Door on TBM 900

I am doing a custom livery for the Hotstart TBM900. It is almost complete however there is one spot I cannot locate in the PNG files that comprise the exterior appearance of this aircraft. On the starboard side of the fuselage, in a panel where the wing connects to the main fuselage there is a small semi-rectangular door with a metal pushbutton. Above the buttom is a tan label that reads "Oxygen Service Point - Use No Lubricants". I have recolored the surrounding oval body panel and would like to color this door to match. A simple task... if you can find the PNG file that makes this door. I cannot. I suspect it is found somewhere within the Aircraft/objects folder which contains dozens of png files. I have looked through them all but cannot find this particular object. If anyone knows which file contains this I can isolate the specific area by trial and error. Just knowing the correct png file would help a lot.

Thanks for any assistance finding this object file.  —SHaines

Note... I wanted to attach a SS of this spot on the TBM900 but this site will not allow me to do so. I tried both Dropbox and Google Drive but the URLs ere rejected. Sorry.

Edited by SFHaines
Cannot attach screenshot

@GoranM

Forgive me for being a drag here... I looked at the image you posted and tried to find a corresponding .png file both within the customized livery folder I have and within the aircraft objects folder. While there are lots of similar images in terms of the objects (wings, etc) I can not find any that have that particular shape. Also, your file appears to be a wire-frame depiction used to define the 3D shape of the components while the png files I am using are simply to allow paint modification. Perhaps that is why this object is not found on the pmgs? I don't know. Also I wondered if my being on a Mac makes any difference. Anyway... if there is a simple cure for this confusion Goran, you have my curiosity roused. If it is more complex than that don't waste your time. I can live with the O2 door being black. —SteveH

@GoranM

Wait! False alarm... I found it. It was just very dark against a black background. But sure enough, it was in the same spot on the right_wing.png file. So I just isolated that shape, made a new color and voila! It even shows the space around the door as black and the button as silver. Cool!

Thanks again Goran. —SH

• Like 1