Sign in to follow this  
ceebee58

Taking the leap

Well I have downloaded FS 2020. Tried P3D but could not get my PC to work with it (plenty of horsepower but wouldnt play) . My FSX will stay on the PC for jaunts and developing skills but now on the learning curve for the new app. It loaded really fast but the updates are taking an eternity. 

Not looking for Add ons just yet but anyone have any Noob tips to pass on ?

Thanks 

• Like 4

Yeah.

Fly it like you stole it.

And don't let this couple ruin your flying experience; They're constantly at each other about stuff that has nothing to do with aviating and navigating an aircraft.

msfs2020world.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

The entire world is at your fingertips. Go explore and just have fun. 

• Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Take five mins to have a look at the controls and don't freak out about them not being like FSX or P3D. You'll get used to them.

Watch out for the active pause feature, it can make the airliners freak out a bit when you unpause if it is on autopilot; you're usually better off using the Escape key to pause the sim if you need to leave your computer for five mins.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Watch some YT videos. There are plenty of experts there that will show you how to setup your options for best performance, how to use your controllers and keyboard commands, and there you can check out some airplanes. Have fun!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

34 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Fly it like you stole it.

Dead 😂

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

57 minutes ago, ceebee58 said:

Well I have downloaded FS 2020. Tried P3D but could not get my PC to work with it (plenty of horsepower but wouldnt play) . My FSX will stay on the PC for jaunts and developing skills but now on the learning curve for the new app. It loaded really fast but the updates are taking an eternity. 

Thanks 

You should be looking for add-ons, because they make the sim 😉

Must haves:

* Working Title CJ4 mod

* Working Title G1000, G3000 mods

* GNS 530 mod

* FlyByWire A32NX mod

All of the above are freeware, and they are incredible.

Also, view and control settings are important to set up well before you start. I created custom views in each of my cockpits using the save custom view commands, and they work very nicely. 

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 2

Best place for addons is flightsim.to if you want freeware or the Market Place if you want to pay.  The quality of most of the freeware is amazing in my view.  Hats off to the guys who put the work in to produce these.

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

10 minutes ago, cianpars said:

flughtsin.to

They only serve pr0n here.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

They only serve pr0n here.

Corrected.  That's what happens when you post from a mobile phone with fat fingers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

A few things that I think are helpful to know:

• The flight model setting in the options menu should be set to "Modern" for pretty much any MSFS aircraft.  Setting it to "Legacy" will break MSFS aircraft (stuck to runway, broken rudder, etc) - Legacy is only for quick and dirty FSX ports, and should only be used with explicit instructions to do so.
  • The sim does model unusable fuel for each aircraft.  Each plane is different but is a little bit at the bottom of the tank you won't be able to use.  This makes sense given how real aircraft work but it's not specified anywhere UI-wise.  If you're going to cut it close on fuel, do some tests on the ground to see what the unusable qty is. 
  • When World Updates come out, part of the World Update content lives in the Marketplace as a free 'Buy and Download' item.  Be sure to go 'Buy and Download' the Japan, US, and UK update content (I'm not sure if new installs include it by default)
  • There have been some challenges with the timeliness of updates to third party content sold on the in-sim Marketplace.  Many addons are also available from 3rd party sites like Simmarket, Orbx, etc, where updates may be faster. I'd search for some threads and make your own decision about which store is the right place to buy any addons.  There are pros and cons to each approach.
  • MS/Asobo are not curating the quality of items on the in-sim Marketplace, and the Terms of Sale for the in-sim Marketplace say no refunds, so I'd also seek out reviews of anything before buying it to make sure it meets your needs.
  • If you do buy third party content on the Marketplace, updates will need to be installed from the Content Manager screen in-sim
  • The MSFS Addon Linker tool is great for managing the Community addon folder and turning addons on/off with a single click with no copying needed
  • There are many great freeware avionics and aircraft addons already available.
Edited by marsman2020
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Remember; stick back; cows get smaller. stick forward; cows get bigger.

What's more to know?

Though to  be honest .. the only place in the sim I have actually seem cows is the payware Brindas which makes it a bit hard to judge height elsewhere ...

• Like 1

Add Robert Youngs Bonanza G36 turbo to that list of mods. Absolutely brilliant and I believe he is, or was, working on the DA62 as well.  I wonder how progress is going with that.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

4 hours ago, ceebee58 said:

It simply takes awhile to get used too, tell us what your initial thoughts are?  BTW, if you want to share them, what are your specs since you brought it up. If you like new things you might even get a kick out of learning how MSFS works differently than other sims. And yes it takes along time for the BIG updates to download and install, for most of us. I guess it is different for everyone depending on internet speeds, and the load on servers at times.

What made you decide to give it a try now?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ