Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Honeycomb Bravo Quadrant

Have the Honeycomb Quadrant. Trying to figure out how to dial in feet in 100's for the altitude. Dial just changes altitude in 1000's. How do I dial in say "twenty thousand five hundred" (FL 250 ) just using the quadrant dial? Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

This is known MSFS bug. Same when you dial heading increments are 10 degrees

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

But there may be a way to setup things correctly using FSUPIC or other 3rd party software. I personally haven't tried them. I using default MSFS binding

It is not a bug.  The sim is designed so that the mouse wheel tunes at 10° increments while the left and right mouse buttons tune at 1° increments.  The issue with any device like the Honeycomb Bravo (and others)  is that they contain one tuning knob and it must be set to mirror one tuning increment or the other.  What the sim needs is a user-selectable setting for either 10° or 1° for a device configuration.  Then each of us could possibly be satisfied. The sim will not be able to provide both at the same time with a single tuning knob.

Personally I use my mouse instead of the Bravo.  Reaching, pointing with the mouse pointer to me is as intuitive as reach of the hand for a panel in the cockpit of an aircraft, as also is reaching for a device's tuning knob.  I can see from my experience with the Saitek Multipanel that twisting a tuning knob to tune in 1° increments is frustratingly slow. So when I used the Multipanel I also chose the mouse instead.  It was just quicker.  Some FSX/P3D addon aircraft provided sensing of knob turning speed and if so for accelerating such otherwise slow knob tuning.  Most did not.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

28 minutes ago, fppilot said:

It is not a bug.  The sim is designed so that the mouse wheel tunes at 10° increments while the left and right mouse buttons tune at 1° increments.  The issue with any device like the Honeycomb Bravo (and others)  is that they contain one tuning knob and it must be set to mirror one tuning increment or the other.  What the sim needs is a user-selectable setting for either 10° or 1° for a device configuration.  Then each of us could possibly be satisfied. The sim will not be able to provide both at the same time with a single tuning knob.

But if use throttle quadrant  say  for 10 degrees increment heading and then mouse click for 1 degree. Mouse click is no longer work. So what is it if not a bug?

Just now, sd_flyer said:

But if use throttle quadrant  say  for 10 degrees increment heading and then mouse click for 1 degree. Mouse click is no longer work. So what is it if not a bug?

That is clearly not my experience!  Clearly!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just now, fppilot said:

That is clearly not my experience!  Clearly!

Did you configure throttle via MSFS or other software? I'm thing to try  reconfigure via FSUPIC

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Did you configure throttle via MSFS or other software? I'm thing to try  reconfigure via FSUPIC

I am not using FSUIPC in MSFS.  I do still in FSX SE.  Oddly I have not found the need in MSFS.  The complexity of SpadNext broke me of using such interfaces.  I am not a systems programmer.  My home cockpit is limited to the Honecomb Alpha and Bravo, a mouse, and Saitek Pro Cessna pedals.  Actually, that is not right.  I also use the FltPlan.com web site and their FltPlan Go iPad app.  With that combo in MSFS I have not found the need to use additional interfaces.  Might be the brightest point of my MSFS experience.  Do not ask me about ATC, ATIS/AWOS, live weather, or especially avionics and nav databases.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Well if you don’t want to call it a bug, it is unintended behavior. Even The developers have acknowledged it and said it will be fixed in an upcoming sim update. 

Chris

10 hours ago, waltpop said:

Have the Honeycomb Quadrant. Trying to figure out how to dial in feet in 100's for the altitude. Dial just changes altitude in 1000's. How do I dial in say "twenty thousand five hundred" (FL 250 ) just using the quadrant dial? Thanks Walt

It is a bug. The simplest way around it for now is making sure you have no functions bound to any of the toggle switches or any of the magneto switch positions. (If you have toggle switches on any other input device you need to unbind those too.) You can watch this video for the whole story.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro