Sign in to follow this  
cantremember

Please insert game disc

I got the boxed version myself and while the game had a very rocky launch and is very unreliable to start (the MS Store integration is horrible I wish it would go the way of the dodo just like GFWL) I've learned most of the tricks to fix it once there's an update and it stops working.

Now my father purchased the game from the Windows store since there's no real benefit to the boxed version. The game worked for a good 3 days until he called me and told me that it no longer worked, starting the game got him the message that he should insert the game disc and press continue (he has the digital download version!). I was able to help him out, fixed it by opening the MS Store and updating something there.

But are there any tricks anyone knows to just increase the store's stability and prevent that sort of thing from happening every other week in the first place?

EDIT: Although I can get around it, I'm peeved at it because the game itself is great, but I can't fathom that we are 2 individuals that got the game through different channels, and the game isn't starting up reliably for either of us (I had to turn to forums for help, and he had to turn to me), this should frankly be embarassing for Microsoft. Three or four times I wanted to play and found the desktop icon just didn't work anymore or it just opened the store app without doing anything else, while he only got the game working for 3 days and then it tells him to insert the disk when he doesn't even have a physical copy.

Edited by cantremember

Tell him to logout and back in to xbox live

Also sometimes when I was on wifi I'd just resest 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |